13 TDI Purchase

Dh4276

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf GLS TDI, BEW
I am looking at a 2013 TDI for my daughter, car looks good online. No damage or accidents reported. Going to physically look at the car next week and drive it. Is there anything in particular I would look for on this model. I have had a petrol version of this car and currently have an 06 TDI that is my daily.

I do have VCDS available if there is something I need to check as well. I do know it has the DSG transmission and looks like it still has the original battery. Car has 100k on it right now.

Any suggestions from people who own the generation of TDI is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dhuddleson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Highline TDI sedan
At a VW dealer or not? See if there are any service records shown in the Maintenance booklet. And do you know if the Dieselgate "fix" has been applied to it?

Dh4276

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf GLS TDI, BEW
At a VW dealer or not? See if there are any service records shown in the Maintenance booklet. And do you know if the Dieselgate "fix" has been applied to it?

Not a VW dealer. Not sure about the diesel gate but was gonna ask about that when I got there. Trying to get the VIN Number from the dealer right now so maybe I can find out some more info.

The dieselgate “fix” was a 2 part process correct?

Dh4276

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf GLS TDI, BEW
So I got the vin and ran a car fax, has dealer maintenance records up til 96k. Checked vin on VW recall site and there are no open recalls on the car.

Looking trough the recalls it does not seem to be part of the dieselgate at all. Half the cars life was in PA, second half was in VA.

Does anyone know what the dieselgate recall would have fallen under? Engine or emissions?

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
1 part fix on a 2013.

If no open recalls the fix has been done. All 2009 and up TDIs were involved in dieselgate.

Dh4276

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf GLS TDI, BEW
1 part fix on a 2013.

If no open recalls the fix has been done. All 2009 and up TDIs were involved in dieselgate.

Ok, thanks. Wasn’t sure about the particulars on the dieselgate being I’m a pre 09 owner currently.

dhuddleson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Highline TDI sedan
Also, if the "fix" was applied, the dealer is *SUPPOSED* to put stickers on the underside of the hood about that. It is good to hear the dealer has records up to 96k so they may even be willing to tell you which specific services were done, and if any other special visits were made.

Dh4276

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf GLS TDI, BEW
Checked the link in that last post and found the modification was performed Dec 3rd of last year with 100,130 miles. So it was done just prior to coming to my state.