www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+)

VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+) Discussion area for the 2012+ Passat TDI (North American and rest of world versions versions). The North American model was previously codenamed NMS (New Midsize Sedan) and the version the rest of the world gets is sometimes referred to as B7.

Old October 31st, 2015, 12:03   #16
1998redwagon

15d but i do not have an issue with clutching my 6mt. actually better than some other cars i have driven in the past. when winter comes do not even think about driving with boots on. impossible.

true there is no good place to put the right foot when cc is on. the console comes too far to the left to allow a natural right foot flat position.

i would prefer a manual rear view mirror. the automatic one does not get dark enough for me.

i would prefer a center armrest that folds out of the way. for me it is too high. loved the one in my 98 passat that folded upright so i could drive as if there were no armrest between the seats.

absolutely hate the ventilation system. cannot completely shut off flow of air to middle vents (window-middle-floor). when it is humid out the car has real problems with fog, fogged, foggy windows. they do not clear unless the heat is on high, recirculation makes it worse, for me ac makes it worse too. i've read some on it and it seems there was a change in air intake for the hvac system mid-2012 that brings air in from access points in the front wheel wells (really! check it out).

o, and that damn clutch click that occurs when the outside temp is below freezing and the cabin is warm and comfortable. jimal may have solved it we are waiting until winter comes and he can report back.

i too miss a pass through for skis and 2x4s. been trying to get one retrofitted to my vehicle but all the ones in the recycling yards are s or se models w/o a passthrough. it would cost ~$200 in parts alone from vw.

love the mileage, love the trunk size and back seat size.
1998redwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2015, 13:45   #17
Oldoarsman

I have a similar issue....

6'5" tall and 14 or 15 narrow shoe size depending on the manufacturer....

I can drive my 2012 Passat TDI SEL just fine as long as I don't have my gym shoes on (New Balance 1540's in size 15B). The sole is just a little too wide to reach the accelerator smoothly without also hitting the brake.

I had the use of a 2015 Passat SE 1.8 recently while my fuel system was being replaced (yes, HPFP, rail, and finally the rest of it), and did not have this problem as the brake and accelerator were far enough apart to accommodate my NB's.

Does anyone know if a replacement brake pedal or brake pedal pad may be purchased to recreate the space I found in the 1.8? Using a Google search, I was not able to locate a solution and I have not checked with my local dealership.

For now, I just change my shoes when I get to the gym.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Oldoarsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2017, 09:35   #18
BroncoAZ

Sorry to dig up another old thread, but my size 16 2E feet have found the same issue with the gas/brake spacing being narrow. Normally Iím ok driving with my regular shoes, but Friday I was wearing steel toe boots and kept hitting the brake on the way to the throttle. I may clearance the bottom right corner of the brake pedal if needed. There is no way I could drive this car with my Sorel snow boots on.

My Truck: 2006 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins
Wheelin Rig: 1987 Ford Bronco http://www.supermotors.net/registry/13
BroncoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2017, 06:08   #19
740GLE
Veteran Member

What vehicle works or size 16? I mean really?

My little 10.5 in steel toes are tight too, let alone if I even tried me Neos Over Shoes.
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2017, 06:31   #20
BroncoAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 740GLE View Post
What vehicle works or size 16? I mean really?

My little 10.5 in steel toes are tight too, let alone if I even tried me Neos Over Shoes.
My Touareg is ok with them, also my wifeís former Volvo C30 Polestar and her current 2017 Outback. I have driven the Touareg and the Outback with Sorels on.

Old December 4th, 2017, 07:02   #21
20IndigoBlue02
Veteran Member

Your Passat doesn't have the cover you pop out for the center rear seat pass-through?
Old December 4th, 2017, 08:45   #22
BroncoAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20IndigoBlue02 View Post
Your Passat doesn't have the cover you pop out for the center rear seat pass-through?
My SE doesn't have a pass through.

Old December 4th, 2017, 12:35   #23
BroncoAZ

I just picked up a 2017 Passat as my rental car for the week. There is a full inch more space between the gas and brake pedal on the automatic than in my 6MT Passat. I may look for another MT pedal assembly to modify as the extra space is nice. My coworker almost hit the windshield the first stop sign I came to, I went for the clutch and nailed the brake pedal

Old December 7th, 2017, 16:11   #24
Trade Wind
Veteran Member

https://imgur.com/gallery/Jmsim

I find the left armrest WAY too low, I made this one that tucks into the door/existing armrest using a thin price of sheet metal. The rest has a plywood base, a styrofoam block, with some foam rubber on top to make it soft on the elbow. Covered it with some vinyl salvaged from a VW cargo cover.

The link shows it being used in the replacement car, after I got rid of the Passat.

Makes it a lot more comfortable to drive longer trip.
Trade Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 18:09   #25
BroncoAZ

I ordered an automatic brake pedal from VW this week, I'm going to do some modding to the shape of the pedal pad and see how it fits in my 6MT car.