2004 bew blown turbo

CBS06

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta PD Trip
To old to play with fixing, colt cam , auto flush so many times new partsin it runs great 246k . what should i do ? suggest. lots of good parts

Last edited:

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
Miles or kilometers?

I think I speak for most, fix it

New turbo will be the general consensus...I don't have a bew, I have an ALH and turbo swaps aren't terrible after egr delete except for a 3 inch down pipe makes the bolt by the block difficult to get to even with a crows foot...but I've got 3 or 4 turbos laying around. I think they are all VNT 15s and possibly a 17 in there. When I'm grabbing parts from the salvage yard and I come across a turbo with no play and tight seals I take it home...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

CBS06

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta PD Trip
agree

Miles or kilometers?

I think I speak for most, fix it

New turbo will be the general consensus...I don't have a bew, I have an ALH and turbo swaps aren't terrible after egr delete except for a 3 inch down pipe makes the bolt by the block difficult to get to even with a crows foot...but I've got 3 or 4 turbos laying around. I think they are all VNT 15s and possibly a 17 in there. When I'm grabbing parts from the salvage yard and I come across a turbo with no play and tight seals I take it home...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
i have done so much to the car and very incline, my problem is not feeling 100% Bambi vs Harley on freeway, did not drop it , nothing broken . Concussion has me so slow for next while. I wish I had help i would do it.

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
Park it then fix it when better. Took me a couple years to get my brothers with blown engine fixed. Ran out of funds going elsewhere but worth it to fix now that I drive 110 miles a day.

Get better. Father has fought a few deer on the road and mostly won as he still rides. One last year left him in a dual cast one each arm. Dew years ago 12 bones and 4 rotator cuffs. We all drive but he is the on crashing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Sorry to hear about your Bambi incident, please get better soon. I too believe you should wait until you are better and fix the car as you have a lot invested into it.