www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Golf TDI Picture Gallery

Golf TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Golf TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old July 2nd, 2017, 14:58   #1
zakarixnovotny

Default 2002 Golf GLS (Baby Blue)

Figured I would start recording my work and progress with baby blue since I'm on these forums like everyday now! Lol
Here she is!

I bought it in 2015 from a guy in Virgina beach and it had 212k miles on it. Drove her through the summer then the timing belt snapped on me. Shows me for trusting a guy on his word I guess!
So my TB snaps and she sits for well over a year. Then I finally get the cash and the balls to spend it and bought a head/TB kit from Frank06 (Frank's heads/Frank's tdi) cause everybody says he's the best! I went ahead and bought the stage two cam and had him port out the head as well. Then I took baby blue down to East coast Wagenworks in Wilmington NC to get the work done cause I'm too afraid and in experienced to do it by myself lol.
And boom! She's back on the road! Inspected and legal!

Oh I might add I've replaced my vnt15 with a much newer vnt15 that I cleaned and put together myself thanks to tutorials on here and myturbodiesel. Plus the 80k mile vnt I got for a hefty discount thanks to my brother (fellow Tdi enthusiast)
So total work done as of right now:
- New ported head
- Stage 2 cam
- Ventectomy
- Tie rod ends (did them myself (first time ever))
And I guess that's about it? Seems like I've wrenched waaay more on this thing but that's about all the upgrades I can think of.

Last edited by zakarixnovotny; July 2nd, 2017 at 17:44.
zakarixnovotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2017, 21:04   #2
zakarixnovotny

Just threw my skid plate back on. I had to order new engine covers for the sides got 'em for cheap on rock auto.
Everything matched up pretty well just had to get some body panel screws and nuts.

Feel much better about having something under there rather than nothing. One day I'll buy a metal one.
Old July 10th, 2017, 22:14   #3
benIV
Veteran Member

very nice. surprised i haven't seen you around jacksonville, although quite frequently i'm not in one of my jettas during the week.
OCD TDICLUB MEMBER #6 - 2003 TDI Mafia Member
Orville, 2003 Jetta 5m Sedan
Knurren, 2003 Jetta 5m Wagon (Golf Variant)

1974 Super Beetle Conv, 1956 Mercedes 560 SL
benIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2017, 17:37   #4
zakarixnovotny

Well maybe I'll see you around, I just threw a roof rack basket on top with an Id parts sticker. Give a honk and a wave if you see me!
Old July 12th, 2017, 19:38   #5
benIV
Veteran Member

I've been driving around more often in my 03 platinum gray jetta sedan until i can get the ac fixed in my 03 silver wagon (knurren) i've got tdiclub.com stickers on my back windshield (and on my suburban and jeep, lol)

i'll keep an eye out
OCD TDICLUB MEMBER #6 - 2003 TDI Mafia Member
Orville, 2003 Jetta 5m Sedan
Knurren, 2003 Jetta 5m Wagon (Golf Variant)

1974 Super Beetle Conv, 1956 Mercedes 560 SL
benIV is offline   Reply With Quote