Update Me....

scrambld

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta...TDI/5spd :) >>>now a '15 Passat TDI/DSG
Hey everyone, I currently own a 06 Jetta TDI with mods.....having issues that I can't get resolved and was looking for a newer used Passat TDI/6spd 2013-2015.....until the Dieselgate hammer came down. Now, for obvious reasons the used TDI market dried up (for now I hope).

Anyway, I am unfamiliar with the US offerings of Audi TDI's. I know there are 2013 to 2016 TDI Q5's. I don't really need an SUV, so what in the A series has a TDI in the US? I would prefer a sedan....not really too keen on the A3....too station wagon like to me....

I have been eyeing the Q5 TDI and I assume it has the same suspension as an A sedan.....as in brakes, springs, anti-roll bars interchange? My goal would be to make the SUV into a lower more sedan like ride...if no Audi sedan TDI's exist that is.
I do need to research the offerings of Audi and the aftermarket to be sure my mods (brakes/suspension) will happen....the tuning/turbo mods will for sure. Thanks in advance!

PS. That is one thing I just love about VW/Audi....many parts interchange...even with Porsche (calipers).

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
You can get the 3.0 TDI in the Q5, Q7, A6, and A8L. The A7 is made with the TDI engine too, but I don't think it's available in the U.S.
We have two Q5 TDI's and love them. If you look on Audizine you'll find a lot of lowered Q5's and SQ5's.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
I'd also add that the 2015 A3 TDI is a sedan, not a hatchback, and a nice little car it is, too. I'm keeping half an eye out for a Q5, though.