www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Golf TDI Picture Gallery

Golf TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Golf TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old January 25th, 2017, 23:38   #31
bbarbulo
Veteran Member

very cool build

I used a Marineco plug but I frenched it into the front left grille (the little plastic insert in the front bumper). I wish I had some pics, but it's really really clean.

LOL by frenched I mean recessed... no offense Louis_TDI, that's just the proper term for it.
Old February 9th, 2017, 18:46   #32
Louis_TDI
Veteran Member

Lol thanks bbarbulo

I actually had the same set up for about 7 years but was getting tired of always having to bend over to unplug it and being in the front of the car the plug is always dirty. I have been using the plug in the fender for a few months now and I'm loving it. It's kinda ugly but so much easier.
Old February 10th, 2017, 17:23   #33
bbarbulo
Veteran Member

I think fire trucks use an auto eject plug so when you turn the ignition a solenoid fires out the extension cord I'll just leave you with that... Meltric and Kussmaul come to mind
Old March 2nd, 2017, 08:07   #34
DieselZappa
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2001 Golf
Fuel Economy: Avg. 52 mpg so far

I've always wondered why I don't see more auto ejects on this forum. Great feature to have up North...