www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Golf TDI Picture Gallery

Golf TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Golf TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old July 26th, 2017, 10:44   #1
lamonlikesalmon

Default From 2010 Golf to 2015 GSW

Hey all, I've been a long time lurker of the forum and decided to join.

I recently completed the buyback for my 2010 Golf TDI; I had it for almost 5 years and had nearly 140k miles on it. VW bought it back for $15k including restitution, I couldn't pass that up with the possibility of no fix and some outstanding service (timing belt, DSG, that damn AC RCV).

Once I set my appointment I started searching for a fixed 2015; initially I was looking for another Golf but no dealer was willing to budge on their pricing, must be a much higher demand than the GSWs and Jettas. I found a CPO GSW with 23k miles 4 hours away from me, and was able to get it for $18.5k OTD (it was listed at $18.9k).

So far I love it! Only a slight difference in throttle response and acceleration, not sure if that's because of the fix or different gen engine though.

Quick pic with the wheels from the Golf:

If anyone is interested in the 17" Genevas let me know. I have a Whispbar rack from the Golf as well.

Looking forward to learning more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lamonlikesalmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2017, 12:34   #2
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Congrats on picking up a fixed 2015. Looks great with the new wheels.
Any plans in the future for the new car?
Old August 2nd, 2017, 12:31   #3
lamonlikesalmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3L3M3NT View Post
Congrats on picking up a fixed 2015. Looks great with the new wheels.

Any plans in the future for the new car?

Thanks! Nothing major, definitely need to get these windows tinted for Texas summers (and fall...and spring...), roof rack, and mild lowering springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lamonlikesalmon is offline   Reply With Quote