Leave it running locked with KESSY- remote start inoperative

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
It's cold enough around here now that I've run into a situation where I'd like to make a quick stop at the grocery but leave the Passat running. But KESSY refuses to let me lock the car when it's running. Also, my remote start doesn't work, I've tried everything I've read in this forum. Any suggestions?

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
You have two options....

You MAY be able to lock the car using the passenger door.

Unlock the other doors. Get out with the car running. Open the Passenger Door and press the lock button. This should lock all of the doors.

The only caveat with this one is that the key may not unlock the doors wirelessly. You may need to pop the cover off and unlock it manually using the lock cylinder.

Option two is to find out why the remote start wont work...

Is the check engine light on? If so, No Remote Start.

Is the fuel level in the Reserve (red) section of the fuel guage? If so, No Remote Start.

Is the Adblue light on? If so, No Remote Start.

If none of these scenarios exist, then maybe you are not pressing the buttons in sequence fast enough...

Lock, Start, Start. All within a few seconds.

Jedadiah

Veteran Member
TDI
Former: '15 Passat TDI SE 6M, '15 Golf S 6M and '10 JSW
There’s a option with VCDS that will allow you to lock your door using a remote if the car is running. I’m assuming with Kessy that you’d have to leave a key in the car, and lock it with the other remote.

I don’t personally have any experience with kessey, but I can lock my 15 Passat using the remote while the car is running. I’ll bring both keys if it’s stupid cold, leave one in the ignition , and then lock with the other fob when I’m outside the car. I had to code the car to make it work this way.

I’ll do a little digging and see if I can find what you have to code. I remember that it was in the long coding and not an adaptation, and think it was 09 or 46 but can’t say for sure.

Here’s similar info on an mk6 Golf.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35329

Last edited:

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
<snip>

If none of these scenarios exist, then maybe you are not pressing the buttons in sequence fast enough...

Lock, Start, Start. All within a few seconds.
Well, this turned out to be the problem. When we bought the car new, I got two different colored silicone "condoms" to put over the key fobs to tell mine from my wife's. Well, turns out that with those two buttons in the middle, I wasn't getting a good enough "double-click" through the "condom." Took it off, did the "close-press-press" sequence pretty fast, and it started right up.
Thanks for the tip.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
When we bought the car new, I got two different colored silicone "condoms" to put over the key fobs to tell mine from my wife's. Well, turns out that with those two buttons in the middle, I wasn't getting a good enough "double-click" through the "condom."
The "condom" as you call it is actually a fob case cover:

https://www.amazon.com/Remote-Silicone-Cover-Volkswagen-COLORS/dp/B00AVQSFR8

Actual condoms are used for a specific activity which is not usually vehicle related unless the back seat comes into play... ;) :eek: :rolleyes: (Sorry - couldn't resist! :p )

fjdiesel

TDI
76 fj40 w/05 LIberty CRD 2.8L diesel
Jedediah, were you able to locate what you have to code for sure? I would like to change that function as well. It's been -25 here last week. Don't really want to shut the car off!! Thanks.

Jedadiah

Veteran Member
TDI
Former: '15 Passat TDI SE 6M, '15 Golf S 6M and '10 JSW
It's in the long coding for 09

Check the box next to Remote Control with "Terminal 15 On" inactive It sounds paradoxical, but the remote works with the ignition on when checked.
[/IMG]

Last edited:

jafir

TDI
2015 Jetta S 6MT
Thanks Jedadiah for posting that. I was able to use that on my 2015 Passat using a launch x431, once I figured out how it works. It’s not quite as intuitive as it could be. I’m not sure if that’s VW fault or launch, but at least it could do it.

Omar91

TDI
Passat
Thanks Jedadiah for posting that. I was able to use that on my 2015 Passat using a launch x431, once I figured out how it works. It’s not quite as intuitive as it could be. I’m not sure if that’s VW fault or launch, but at least it could do it.
Can you please, share how you done it? I think it's not related to the VCDS method.