Rotorlab.com, anyone have their BBK?

travis45

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Sportwagen, 96 Passat TDI Sedan
Looks like a great deal. Anyone buy one of their kits? Would love to hear personal experience.

Thanks,
Travis

PB_NB

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 New Beetle
Me too, I am looking at the z18 kit for the GTI as well as an ECS big rotor kit for the rear.

The callipers should be great anyway! Seems like they have a good product so I am just about to order them.

travis45

Veteran Member
TDI
I pulled the trigger... now just have to decide which color...

travis45

Veteran Member
TDI
Got this off VWVortex....

I wonder is I'll need a master cylinder upgrade...

"Sorry I don’t but with rotors that size I’m guessing they are 6-piston calipers... in case you are not aware it’s highly likely they will max out your master brake cylinder and you may have suffering perfornance due to this. No VW I’m aware of has a MBC suitable for 6-piston and up without doing a TTRS MBC swap[/I][/I]

PB_NB

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 New Beetle
When I put the 6 piston front 4 piston rears in the Beetle, we didn't change the master cylinder. Works great. I think the volume of fluid is distributed similarly to the OE situation.

Try contacting the Rotorlab guys and ask their opinion as they don't mention issues with the master cylinder on their website.

travis45

Veteran Member
TDI
Just noticed your signature.. how do like the KW V2's? Thinking about getting those very coilovers.

PB_NB

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 New Beetle
They are great! A bit stiff but we have turned up the settings. I have V3 rear shocks to help with the trailer bounce.

Overall, I like them but they are stiff and bouncy if you set them up the way I did.

scrambld

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta...TDI/5spd :) >>>now a '15 Passat TDI/DSG
Great link/info. I was interested in knowing which VAG family of vehicles could share brake components, ie: calipers/caliper stands/rotors, between the entire family including Porsche. :)

travis45

Veteran Member
TDI
Welp, I ordered the carbon metallic silver. Cant wait to put em on!