suspension recommendations?

2hellWITHhybrids

TDI
2002 Golf & 04 Jetta Wagon
At 130k the the suspension in my 04 wagon is far past its life expectancy. I was originally considering the kit that eibach makes for it, but I tend to treat the wagon like a pickup, often putting entirely too much weight in the poor car. Therefore, lowering suspension doesn't seem to be my best choice. Any recommendations for a complete fairly priced suspension kit (or individual pieces) that will retain the same ride height? Any info would be much appreciated!

Votblindub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Jetta Wagon
I really like how the Bilstein dampers and H&R springs feel in my Audi. The Jetta has a Race Land Ultimo coilover kit on it. It's much lower(but adjustable) and stiffer than oem, but I prefer my suspension to be on the harder side. Its not as "trackable" as the Audi, but for a simple fuel saving daily, it's plenty for me.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Wagons are their own animal, it can be hard to find springs that will work well. I'd suggest new struts and shocks and keep the stock springs. You could also look into some of the Moog springs, but keep in mind that wagon springs are significantly longer than sedans, especially in the rear. Higher rate, too. We have towing springs for the wagons (there was a towing package available for these cars in Europe) and they work great for carrying heavy loads or...towing. But they're not cheap.

Koni STR.Ts or Reds are good options for dampers, and Yellows on special this Spring from Koni are a great value. All three of these dampers have wagon-specific rear shocks, which are helpful but not essential.

D1N93R

TDI
110se seat leon
I've the eibach pro kit in mine and she it fine. even with the boot full and the back seat full of people. she was fine. eibachs are well worth there money