Bought a 2011 Jetta Tdi

Fitn3rd

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
Hi everyone,

It has been a few years since I was here but I'm back.
This time with a 2011 Jetta TDi.

I was wondering if anyone knows if I can just swap the radio with one from a newer model (plug and play?).

I'm looking for android auto and to hook up a stock backup camera maybe down the line.

Also does anyone have any advice regarding this particular model? Experiences? Things to watch for?

I have to say, I'm not used to the dsg but it may take time.

Thanks for your feedback in advance.

herbz

TDI
2011 Jetta Highline TDI
The factory radio died in my 2011 a couple years ago which I found out on here isn't that rare. I replaced it with a used one I found on kijiji. I can't speak to using one from a newer model but whatever you do make sure you get the code for it or it wont' work.

Fitn3rd

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
Also I already got the p2015 code 4 days after I picked the car up. Joy

phantom1260

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Jetta GL IDI, 2010 Jetta TDI (Sold)
That's the code for the intake manifold. I just had mine replaced under the emissions warranty for free.

If the emissions fix was done on yours you should have warranty as well.

If you don't have the fix yet Diesel Geek also sells a bracket to fix the code for $64 USD. Replacing the intake manifold costs something like $1500 - $2000 not sure exactly how much.

P2015 Code Repair Bracket for Common Rail TDI with Aluminum Manifold

Fitn3rd

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
Blast from the past.

I was wondering if anyone can assist me with getting the dieselgeek part installed?

I also noticed there are less expensive solutions now.

I am in and around Markham.

Thank you.

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
there are some you tube videos on installing. I installed mine without much trouble. I put it in place and removed it several times before installing the mount screws to make sure it fit just right. you have to push up the arm it fits under to put it in place. Many people have removed the actuator to install easier but I didn't.

be careful the snap on ball that connects to the arm of the actuator is still in place correctly after your done.

Good luck. Hope you have small hands, makes installing easier.

Fitn3rd

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
Thanks for your reply. I have watched videos galore but I'm worried about losing springs and doing things incorrectly myself.