Seat help

mrctdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf and 2013 Passat
So I bought a leather interior from a wagon and will be swapping everything over to my Golf. Front seats are done with no problems at all. The backs of the back seat swapped with no problem at all. I know the bottoms are different and I found several threads on swapping the bottoms from a sedan to wagon and there are brackets you can buy to make that happen.

I cannot find nothing ob going from wagon to sedan though. I see there must be brackets on the wagon that I would need. Does anyone know if I can buy them brackets?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

mrctdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf and 2013 Passat
Thanks I reached out to the guy that I got the interior from and he is going to try and remove the brackets from the car. They do appear to be spot welded on so hopefully he can just drill the spots. I would think I could just use some type of self tapping screws to reattach to my car.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
I don’t remember any welded parts, I seem to remember a simple bolt hold down but it’s been several years since I’ve played with the back seats.