disable seat belt chime 04 Golf ?

charleez

Veteran Member
TDI
sold!
Please forgive me if this has been posted already....I used the "SEARCH" /images/graemlins/confused.gif function to no avail.

Could someone PLEASE ? advise "how to" disable the ANNOYING (to me /images/graemlins/mad.gif ) seat belt chime (which drives me crazy :screwy: in a bad way) ?

It's a 2004 Golf .........

:beer: cheers !

PapaTDI

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
Fasten the seatbelt.

TurbineTech

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
It's very simple, IIRC you subtract 2 from the second digit on the soft coding of the instruments - it's covered on the Ross-Tech website. I am not at my home computer and my memory is not what it used to be /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I always wear my seat belt but I usually don't start the car with it on and the chime was annoying me so I turned mine off. It would be okay if just the light on the dash came on without the chime but disabling it turns the light off as well.

charleez

Veteran Member
TDI
sold!
[ QUOTE ]
Fasten the seatbelt.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...yes, this(fastening the belt) is done...Still do NOT like the chime NOISE! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fasten the seatbelt.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...yes, this(fastening the belt) is done...Still do NOT like the chime NOISE! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you're going to absolutely hate the car when you run low on washer fluid. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

TurbineTech

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
[ QUOTE ]
If you only subtract 1 instead of 2 you get the light but no chime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, didn't work. The chime came back

spicy_red

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI, highline, 6MT, multimedia, plat grey metallic
turbinetech did mine subtracting 2. Works excellent! (thanks again)
Very nice for the passenger when you leave the car running and whip into a store, etc.

TurbineTech

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
Someone posted that if you subtract 1 the chime will go off but the light will still work but I tried it and it didn't work.

After we did yours I realized that mine was bugging me too, so it's now turned off-seatbelt still goess on though!

charleez

Veteran Member
TDI
sold!
[ QUOTE ]
Someone posted that if you subtract 1 the chime will go off but the light will still work but I tried it and it didn't work.

After we did yours I realized that mine was bugging me too, so it's now turned off-seatbelt still goess on though!

[/ QUOTE ]

this is exactly what I want to do...disable the NOISE...but as you do seat belt always goes ON!

is it subtract 1 or?
thanks!

T5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
T5 Transporter 2.5
The "Someone" was me. Subtracting 1 digit worked. The chime was disabled but the visual warning came on. I was sure that was right. I'll check it again soon and report back.

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Subtracting 1 from the left 2 digits disables the brake pad wear indicator.
Subtracting 2 from the left 2 digits disables the seat belt warning.
Subtracting 4 from the left 2 digits disables the low washer fluid warning.
16 is added to the standard North American TDI configuration to enable the navigation system (You'll have to replace the cluster and install the navigation system too - documented in other threads.)

charleez

Veteran Member
TDI
sold!
[ QUOTE ]
The "Someone" was me. Subtracting 1 digit worked. The chime was disabled but the visual warning came on. I was sure that was right. I'll check it again soon and report back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Subtracting 1 from the left 2 digits disables the brake pad wear indicator.
Subtracting 2 from the left 2 digits disables the seat belt warning.
Subtracting 4 from the left 2 digits disables the low washer fluid warning.
16 is added to the standard North American TDI configuration to enable the navigation system (You'll have to replace the cluster and install the navigation system too - documented in other threads.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

T5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
T5 Transporter 2.5
Sorry! I was wrong. I was deleting both the chime AND the message at the time. I idly tried subtracting a single digit just to see if that would leave the light on only. I looked at the display and of course, I got the seat belt light flashing with no chime. So I jumped to the wrong conclusion. Shame I didn't turn the ignition on and off /images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

murphy1

hello, i am new to posting on the forum. i have a 2004 jetta tdi. have always had tdi's since vw came out with diesel in 1980 or 81. where is this place where you do these numbers? under the hood or in the car? i agree the chime is extremely annoying.

charleez

Veteran Member
TDI
sold!
[ QUOTE ]
hello, i am new to posting on the forum. i have a 2004 jetta tdi. have always had tdi's since vw came out with diesel in 1980 or 81. where is this place where you do these numbers? under the hood or in the car? i agree the chime is extremely annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

with Vag-Com @ http://www.ross-tech.com/

murphy1

ok.,thank you very much. maybe my mechanic will know how to use it. thanks. ps dealer told me "no can do". i thought, there has to be a way.

Bio-Beetle

Veteran Member
MOGolf,

I have a 04 NB and the code is 11232 in Soft Coding instrumentation (#17), and I want to turn off the seat belt chime, so we subtracted 2 from the code to get 09232 and it did not work. Are we in the right place, or did we just get it wrong?

charleez

Veteran Member
TDI
sold!
[ QUOTE ]
MOGolf,

I have a 04 NB and the code is 11232 in Soft Coding instrumentation (#17), and I want to turn off the seat belt chime, so we subtracted 2 from the code to get 09232 and it did not work. Are we in the right place, or did we just get it wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Support@Ross-Tech.com /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Bio-Beetle

Veteran Member
charleez,

Have you disabled your chime yet? If so, how did you do it? And I did send an email to Ross-Tech.

Bio-Beetle

Veteran Member
Got a response back from Ross-Tech. They will not give me technical assistance because I have not been a customer of theirs. Any other ideas?

AUMikeT

Veteran Member
TDI
New Jetta, 2005.5, Platinum Grey
Anyone with a Vag-Com in the ATL area who would like to disable this in my wife's 2004 NB Convertible (1.8T, not a TDI). What I hate about it is the warning light that comes on the SECOND the person takes their seatbelt off. Many passengers do this when you are pulling into a parking space. Also, the sport seats are pressure sensitive and if you put anything in the passenger seat it thinks there is a person there and the chime starts howling. Damn annoying!

charleez

Veteran Member
TDI
sold!
[ QUOTE ]
Got a response back from Ross-Tech. They will not give me technical assistance because I have not been a customer of theirs. Any other ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

really? Not tech support...even advice? Even for potential customers? /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/smirk.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Bio-Beetle

Veteran Member
charleez etal,

The following are the three emails I received from Andy at Ross-Tech this morning:

[ QUOTE ]
Are you a customer of Ross-Tech? I cannot locate you in the customer database

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Technical support is available to Ross-Tech customers

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Once you become a customer, I'd be happy to help you:

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said in one of my previous emails, have you been able to disable your seat belt chime? If so, can you share that info with me?

Anybody else? I would appreciate some help on this as it is a very annoying noise.

charleez

Veteran Member
TDI
sold!
See this page:

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/vwmkIV.html

i agree that it is a VERY annoying noise...wanting to get rid of this noise does NOT imply NOT wearing the seat belt either . One may be sitting in the vehicle while it is running (winter time) eating lunch, etc. and pop out the seat belt, at which point that /images/graemlins/mad.gif "bing,bing,bing,bing,bing!!!"/images/graemlins/mad.gif, starts it's "lovely" tune !

I am waiting for my local VAG-COM "dude" to get together with me to disable this NOISE.

I apologize , I never rec'd any emails from you. Please forgive me!

On the Vag-Com page c'd. above, it says:

"Recode for warning lamps:

[Select]
[17 - Instruments]
[Recode - 07]
Write down the existing coding for future reference.
Enter 5-digit code from below
[Do It!]

Look at the first two digits in the coding. Add the values for the options together to get the correct coding.

00 - No available equipment
+01 - Brakepad wear sensor warning active
+02 - Seatbelt warning active
+04 - Washer fluid level warning active "

did this work for anyone?

Bio-Beetle

Veteran Member
[ QUOTE ]
"Recode for warning lamps:

[Select]
[17 - Instruments]
[Recode - 07]
Write down the existing coding for future reference.
Enter 5-digit code from below
[Do It!]

Look at the first two digits in the coding. Add the values for the options together to get the correct coding.

00 - No available equipment
+01 - Brakepad wear sensor warning active
+02 - Seatbelt warning active
+04 - Washer fluid level warning active "

[/ QUOTE ]
But where in these directions does it say how to disable the chime? We're only told to add 02 to make it active.

ele28

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf Silver
New Beetle, Euro manual, code as follow:
00 - no optional equipment active
01 - brake wear indicator
02 - seat belt warning
04 - rear spoiler
I am missing what digit is in this case for washer level in Beetle? If 4 are used in G/J for this purpose and Bug has this digit for spoiler.

dieselgus

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Variant Black/Black
So, just for fun, I decided to see If the chime just goes away by itself. It does. It will cycle 5 times, then the indicator just goes out, chime stops, etc. never to return as long as the ignition is left on. Kinda neat. Ahh, the things we do to amuse ourselves!

Gus