GTI International. May 12/13 2001

DOX

TDI
!998 Golf tdi estate, 2001 tdi pd 115 bhp
Received my tickets for GTI International 12/13 May yesterday and wondered if anyone else is attending this event. This is by far the best water cooled VW show in the UK, with 10,000 plus visitors attending each day. With all the major UK tuners and parts suppliers in attendance its an ideal place to get information for your projects and buy parts and accesaries for your VW, Audi, Seat,etc. The organisers website is www.autometrix.co.uk. For a directions go to www.streetmap.co.uk and type in the following postcode; RG45 6AU

DOX

TDI
OOPS! Posted this to the wrong forum. Would someone please move it to the EURO TDI Forum please.Thank You

DOX

TDI
Hello George, I am also considering the Upsolute chip, seems a bargain at £170 compared to Superchips £350+ fitting+ VAT.

Hello G.M. GTI International is held at the Transport Reserch Laboritory, Crowthorne, Berkshire. Its organised by Autometrix Publications( who publish Audi Driver and VW Driver). Their website is; http;//www.autometrix.co.uk/default.htm

DOX

TDI
Hello again George. I'll be at TRL on both days
I'll email you my mobile no the week before so that we can meet for a chat. It will be interesting to see what effect the chip will have on your MPG as you seem to keep records. I still havent made my mind up about the chip yet as my car has only done 1200 miles to date. Does anyone have any dyno graphs, (before/after) for the upsolute chips for the 110BHP and the 115BHP PD? If you have could you post them for us please. Happy Golfing.

sprattyken

Veteran Member
TDI
Volvo V70 D5 Auto
Hi all

My concerns about chipping fall into 2 camps - warranty and insurance. I understand that chips are undetectable (unless you look for it!) so servicing and warranty don't bother me too much.
Insurance does however. Basically you should declare the mods, if you don't you run the risk of being completely buggered if your ins co refuses to cough up.
If someone out there knows of any legit ways around this - please post!!!

I would love to give my 110 another 20/30 horses with no extra consumption.

tdi rs

Veteran Member
TDI
mk2 16v tdi
We will have to organise a gtg i will be there for just sunday,just to smoke some of those petrol heads.

DOX

TDI
SPRATTYKEN
Phoned my insurers today to ask about upgrading my insurance for the chip. They said they would not upgrade me.
I told them I had had modified cars for the last 6 years and had not been involved with any claims in 16 years of driving. They would not budge, so when my insurance is up I will go back to a modified policy with BRENTACHRE INSURANCE, who have insured my modified golfs for the previous 4 years. Dont be afraid of modified policy's as they can often be as cheap, or cheaper than than standard cars. Their reasoning is that if you have put a lot of time, effort and money into your car you are going to take good care of it! Phone Brentachre on 01792 650933 and tell them all your mods( the more the better), you might be surprised. Looks like Im stuck with a standard car until January
But I could always have a socket put in the ECU and put the standard chip in until January and take advantage of Upsolute's great price :