2012 Passat look see @ Minuteman

k_harley

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2005 Audi S4, 1997 Audi A4 Race car, 2004 Passat TDI 6MT 4motion
Its heeeerrreeee! I had the parts delivery guy from minuteman deliver something today and confirm that they do in fact have a 2012 passat tdi on the premesis.

No new beetle yet though

Cooper

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW (traded in 5/2015)
It's a big car. I liked it, and would consider it, if we needed something that big.

Went to a barbeque at Colonial VW, Westborough, MA a couple of weeks ago to introduce the Passat. Free food and checking out a new car. :)

Just got invited to a barbeque at Curran VW, Stratford, CT, next weekend. Need to R.S.V.P. that we can't make it.

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
FireFlies Catered a BBQ at European Auto Solutions Tuesday night which had a Passat TDI, plus a few Ferrari's, an Aston Martin, a Panoz... Interesting night.

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
It's biiiiggggg! We had a brief chance to check it out at the end of a whirlwind TDI buying day! A friend had tried to buy a Subaru Outback (no influence from us!!) and got so frustrated with the dealers that she reset her sights on a JSW. We started our day with several calls to validate the inventory local VW dealers were showing on their websites---they all failed, especially Paul Clark in Brockton which showed pictures with snow of a long-gone car.

Anyway, my past good experience with Minuteman combined with their huge inventory (2) ready for immediate delivery sent us up there. In one day, 2 roundtrips between Hingham and Bedford, we started the day as tire kickers and ended the day having ice cream in our friend's beautiful t-red with black 2011 JSW back in Hingham! She even loved it while we were sitting in Cape traffic!

Tiberian

TDI
2011 Jetta SEL and 2010 JSW
I actually test drove one and they ride great and the amount of room in the back is unreal. More leg room than a CC. The Fender sound system is great also. From what I was told at the dealership they are already selling and most will have to wait to get them. Also the sales guy said the options would be few. I mentioned I didn't like the faux wood dash and he said that is how they are coming but I've seen other pictures with different interior trims.

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
I drove the TDI with the automatic in the hills outside of Quincy. The car hauled butt, elegantly. The hard plastic was generally out of reach, but I agree that the fan was loud and the clock looked cheap. That said, the only problem I had with it was that I wasn't selecting the gears myself. The manual is coming, and I will definitely check it out. I'm apparently not the target audience though. I think they'll sell a ton of these with the automatic. That's a good thing, as this will likely mean that we will see more models with a TDI under the hood.

Last edited:

TDI Jim

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat, 1996 Passat Variant (RIP), 2002 Jetta Wagon, 1995 Passat Variant TDI conversion brought back from the dead, 1997 Passat Variant project, and returned 2014 Passat
Test drove a manual 2012 Passat at Valley Motors in Cockeysville, MD and it was a sweet ride....hmmm.....

CryoTech

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 tdi sportwagen
too expensive and too decontented.

A 32k car with no foglights and no HID? please.

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
It all depends on what you're looking for. :D
Having said that, I'm more than happy with my Golf! :p

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
It's a drag that they only offer the diesel and the manual with the stripped model...we're getting too old and cranky to live with "GL" versions.