VW to produce EV"s in Chattanooga, TN

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
FYI:

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2...ash-jobs-and-evs-at-chattanooga/#more-1656514

Volkswagen spent the past year and change hinting that its Chattanooga, Tennessee assembly plant could become ground zero for an electric American product offensive, and guess what? That’s exactly what VW plans to do.

In a not-at-all surprising announcement, the German automaker said it plans to build electric vehicles at its only American plant, which just happens to have plenty of excess capacity. Backing up this promise is $800 million, which, in addition to funding the necessary tooling, should lead to the creation of 1,000 new jobs

D-Cup

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition, 2003 Jetta GLS, 2000 Jetta GLS, 2012 JSW
Yeah. Just think how clean it’ll make the environment...producing all those electric vehicles in a plant powered by electricity that comes from a coal powered plant. Haha!

(That was a joke - I have no idea how that plant is powered.)

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Yeah. Just think how clean it’ll make the environment...producing all those electric vehicles in a plant powered by electricity that comes from a coal powered plant. Haha!

(That was a joke - I have no idea how that plant is powered.)
Haven't you seen the movie Deliverance? The TVA installed megawatts of clean hydroelectric power in Tennessee decades ago. Most of the drivetrain components will probably be made in S. Korea and shipped here for assembly anyhow.

gulfcoastguy

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI sold, Mazda 3 purchased
And lots of nuclear reactors also. From what I've read it won't be producing electric cars until 2022. That is also when they are supposed to start producing the n VW bus. Meanwhile in 2020 VW is supposed to be shipping the Crozz cuv to the US, most likely from Germany asVW said that there would only be one North American plant assembling electric cars.