Low tire pressure warning light

skromfols

Veteran Member
TDI
2017 Jaguar XE TDI, 2014 Sportwagen TDI
I have a 2014 JSW TDI with 26,000 miles on it. I still have the original tires and the tread still looks good. I have 37 lbs of air in the front tires and 36 lbs of air in the rear. My low tire pressure warning light came on about 3 days ago. I checked the tire pressure and it was still good (I adjusted them about a week ago), then I drove the car about 100 miles and checked the tires again the next morning and the pressure was still good. Has anyone had a problem with the pressure sensors ? I think one of mine may be bad, but the warning light doesn't tell me which one.

Aztraveler

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold 2014 Jetta back to VW in 2016. In Oct 2020 Bought 2015 Passat TDI SE CPO
There are no "Pressure sensors". VW uses the ABS sensors to measure and compare the rotational speed of the wheels. When a tire gets low the outside diameter gets smaller then the others and the ABS senses this and triggers the low pressure warning light.

I also have an issue with resetting the Light. I just picked up my sedan after an accident out of state where the entire IRS had to be removed, repaired and replaced. About 500 miles into my return trip home the light came on and I could not reset it.

A day after I returned home I scanned my car with VCDS, it showed an error in the ABS system which indicated a Low Tire Pressure. I checked the Tire Pressure and they are 35 PSI +/- 0.5 PSI. I was able to reset the Light with VCDS. So far so good, however I am getting an intermittent chirp in a rear wheel bearing that needs to be sorted out.

Last edited:

dmarsingill

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Sportwagen Turned in , 2000 Z3 Coupe, 2003 Ford Expedition
OP.....you need to reset your tpms everytime you adjust air in your tires. It is in your glovebox. Check your owner's manual for instructions.

Donald

skromfols

Veteran Member
TDI
2017 Jaguar XE TDI, 2014 Sportwagen TDI
Thanks to both of you for your responses. I'll check the owners manual this morning.

Stan