New VW commercial

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
great commercial, how many gears did that car have? Anyway yes texting on touch screen phones is a bad idea- T-9 was nice in the flip phone days as you wouldn't even have to look at the phone.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
yup, texting on modern touch screen phones wont ever work as the amount of ground you cover when watching the screen is amazing. Texting on a phone with T-9 should still be allowed as you never take your eyes off the road.

Last edited:

MikeTV

Veteran Member
TDI
Non-TDI 3.6 SE
People who text and drive aren't going to see this commercial since they are busy texting and driving.

Seriously though, the number of people that I see, with their heads down, looking at the phone, while their vehicle rolls onward is scary.

tactdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
People who text and drive aren't going to see this commercial since they are busy texting and driving.
Seriously though, the number of people that I see, with their heads down, looking at the phone, while their vehicle rolls onward is scary.
Or filling out a crossword puzzle while driving! Yes, I saw that the other week. Along with people reading books, putting on makeup, shaving.