AC fuse relay wiring

highmileage

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 passat bhw tdi (presently), 2001 jetta alh tdi (previously), 1998 jetta ahu tdi (previously)
My A/C aux fan does not seem to be turning on - either when turning on A/C or after run on shutting engine. Believed that it was fan motor, so I ordered a new one. Just to check before installing, I plugged in new fan/motor and that too did not work. Fuses are good. Can someone tell me location and number on relay(s)? Thanks in advance.

highmileage

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 passat bhw tdi (presently), 2001 jetta alh tdi (previously), 1998 jetta ahu tdi (previously)
does relay # 384 control aux fan or compressor directly?

Zambee500

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI GLS, 2014 NMS Passat TDI SEL Premium
What happens when you turn on your AC? You said the aux fan doesn't run, but is your AC compressor engaging and blowing cold air out of the vents?

highmileage

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes, the compressor works and I get very good cold air. However, I have observed the cooling efficiency decrease when stuck in hot summer traffic occasionally. At this point I shut off the a.c. and open windows until we are moving again and the compressor gets good airflow because in my mind and maybe only there, I am reducing strain on the compressor. I also became aware on these hot days when I stop and shut off the engine that I get no expected after run of the fan.