WTB 99-04 Beetle TDI Auto Trans

ojorek

TDI
2001 VW Beetle TDI x2, 2005 VW Golf TDI
I’ve been looking for a beetle TDI for my daughter for some time now but keep finding car sold before I can get to it. Figure I might try reaching out to this forum for help. I live in GA and am willing to travel but prefer to keep to the south east if possible. Appreciate any good finds anyone knows about. TIA!

tdi-eyed

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk4 Jetta Wagon
Wold avoid the 1999-2003 auto trans, unless it has been maintained and rebuilt correctly. 04-06 Auto has some issues, but usually much more easy (and cheap) to repair (solenoids and harness).

ojorek

TDI
2001 VW Beetle TDI x2, 2005 VW Golf TDI
Thanks for that info TDI-eyed! I’m new to TDIs and currently own an 01 with a Ron of spare parts including a tranny which is why I mentioned those years. That said I’ll definitely expand my search focusing on an 04-06. Thanks again!

7gcbc

TDI
1999 new beetle, black w tan interior.
I realize it has been almost a year since you osted, but did you find a TDI beetle? I have a 99TDI in east central Alabama I will sell. It should be considered to be a project. If you have any interest respond through the forum and I will get photos for you. (It is currently inactive and under a shed.