tuning box for 2015 tdi

ntiguy85

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI
I am new to the tdi world but an experienced mechanic and car guy. I recently bought a 2015 Jetta TDI with the DSG and love it. I have been doing a ton of research on upgrades for these 2.0 CRs and come to the conclusion that the tune is by far the best place to start. Malone Tuning doesn't have a tune out yet but there is a company called Parley Performance that has a tuning box that plugs on line with the injector harness and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this setup or is it better to wait for the Malone Tune to come out with something?

gloaming

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 6MT CR170 (Sold); 2004 R32 (not a TDI)
Best to just be patient and wait for Malone, rocketchip, kerma, etc. tuning boxes usually don't suppress a check engine light. From what I've heard Malone is pretty close to having a tune out and it may be through obII port, so consider yourself lucky if that happens cause you'll be able to use the flashzilla.

ntiguy85

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI
Thanks for the input. I'm just being a little impatient haha. But yea that's what I was thinking too. Just wait for a hard tune. I just wanna keep all of the emissions systems on the car for a while. Does the stage 2 from Malone allow u to keep the DPF intact?

BuzzKen

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'10 Touareg TDI, '09 335D, '10 X5D
Thanks for the input. I'm just being a little impatient haha. But yea that's what I was thinking too. Just wait for a hard tune. I just wanna keep all of the emissions systems on the car for a while. Does the stage 2 from Malone allow u to keep the DPF intact?

Yes.

Different stages will be released as they go through the extensive testing.

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
We already have an OBD2 flashed 2015 TDI with a consumer flash tool, working out all the details of the tune. It'll be ready soon!

For the first year, there will be a few that will need to be bench flashed but over time, we shouldn't have a problem doing 99% via OBD.

Stage 2 works on stock cars without any exhaust modifications.

Darkhrse99

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
We already have an OBD2 flashed 2015 TDI with a consumer flash tool, working out all the details of the tune. It'll be ready soon!

For the first year, there will be a few that will need to be bench flashed but over time, we shouldn't have a problem doing 99% via OBD.

Stage 2 works on stock cars without any exhaust modifications.
How much hp will stage 2 give you?

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
Kerma tune for 2015 golf/jetta is pretty much ready, only need to dyno before releasing.