Need a TDI Mechanic/Guru to Check Out East Bay TDI 4 Sale

Fliphish

TDI
'03 Jetta TDI Wagon
I found a decent TDI for sale located in Pleasant Hill/Martinez, and I would truly appreciate an unbiased third party opinion of its mechanical integrity and validity of existing maintenance records.

I'm in Portland, OR. Good friend of Fixum Rich. Recently my 2003 TDI Jetta Wagon (which was legally parked on the street in front of my house) was slammed into by a texting teenage driver. Total damage to the car is over $9500!!! No way is the insurance company going to pay for repairs. I have to have an A4 wagon replacement. Too sweet of a car to say goodbye too.

Will gladly pay your going fee for per-purchase inspection in exchange for your honest, unbiased assessment. Thanks for considering helping out a fellow member.
Greg Jackson (formerly known as Whyfish)
971-276-3216 or email me here or at: fliphish2013@gmail.com

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
I found a decent TDI for sale located in Pleasant Hill/Martinez, and I would truly appreciate an unbiased third party opinion of its mechanical integrity and validity of existing maintenance records.

I'm in Portland, OR. Good friend of Fixum Rich. Recently my 2003 TDI Jetta Wagon (which was legally parked on the street in front of my house) was slammed into by a texting teenage driver. Total damage to the car is over $9500!!! No way is the insurance company going to pay for repairs. I have to have an A4 wagon replacement. Too sweet of a car to say goodbye too.

Will gladly pay your going fee for per-purchase inspection in exchange for your honest, unbiased assessment. Thanks for considering helping out a fellow member.
Greg Jackson (formerly known as Whyfish)
971-276-3216 or email me here or at: fliphish2013@gmail.com
I would recommend Matt,

He may be able to go check it our for you. He works in San Anselmo but lives right across the river from Martinez. see the other thread just below called "Matt Phelan/Matt-98AHU now wrenching in San Anselmo"

Guru Matt Phelan, username on here is Matt-98AHU, is now renting a bay at Autohaus II in San Anselmo. Two buildings west of the San Anselmo hub on Sir Francis Drake Boulevard just before the San Anselmo Gas & Shop.

Address: 640 Sir Francis Drake Blvd, San Anselmo, CA 94960

Matt's cell: (734) 717-7527

Last edited:

Fliphish

TDI
'03 Jetta TDI Wagon
My friend FixumRich suggested I contact Matt.

No need to check on it now. Car was sold yesterday. But big thanks for the response.