Matt Phelan/Matt-98AHU now wrenching in San Anselmo

NFSTDI

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'98 Jetta
Matt and Dee,

This is all great news. As you know, I am a patient man. I will wait patiently, for the dust to settle, then we can discuss my TDI needs. I plan to finish the project of making my car as nice as a daily driver can and should be. My car is likely to do a lot of resting as I am getting closer to having my Benz up to daily driver snuff. Meanwhile, I mostly drive my service vans. Please contact me, when ya'll are ready as my car wants some gear shift love.

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
Congratulations Matt! I know you've been wanting to do this for years now.
Thanks Ryan! Long time no see!

Looks like the last two pre-requisites are in process before I can finally complete the BAR application. I'm hoping to have the last two pieces ready to go next week and then dispatch the BAR license application as soon as I get the last pieces returned back to me as accepted and ready to go.

Steep learning curve to say the least.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Sounds like California really makes you jump through a lot of hoops to start a business… I thought that the BAR was for lawyers?

Last edited:

dunerking

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI
I hope everything goes smooth for u Matt. Once your settled in I'll bring the wife's and I car's to u. Wish u were still in Santa Maria though.

Matt-98AHU

TDI
Still waiting on the business license from the city of San Anselmo. We put in the application a few weeks ago in September. Kept waiting to hear back and/or get the license in the mail. Never came. Finally called San Anselmo, only to get voicemail (apparently no one likes to work after lunch. Seriously, they close at noon). Left an email as well, got a short letter back saying that it would be worked on that afternoon and sent in the mail no later than the next day.

Good to know government agencies don't do a damn thing with paperwork unless harassed/reminded... :rolleyes:

Still moving forward... Taking far longer than I ever thought.

deegingerkid

Beware the Ginger! Vendor
TDI
"Blurple" 2000 New Beetle 5M 2006 Jetta has been SOLD
Oh, we can. But traffic is snarled until 10am everyday...and it's an hour drive over there. Trust me, Lawson, if that damn permit doesn't show up in today or tomorrow's mail, Matt and I will be headed to chicky's office in person with the email that said

"Oops! I forgot!"

...and demanding to speak to her supervisor. Matt's nicer than I about this. I wanna raise all kinds of heck. Ridiculous to get treated like this.

So, here we sit, pushed back ANOTHER month. I'm so angry I could spit fire.

deegingerkid

TDI
WE GOT IT! The City of San Anselmo business permit arrived yesterday. Working on the BAR permit application this weekend, and handing in on Monday. Provided it doesn't get kicked back to us for something stupid we didn't do correctly (and we're pretty sure we're good), it should be no more than 30 days.

FINALLY!!!

benpfree

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 jetta
Congrats you guys! thanks again for the recent service you did to replace the cam on my 200.5 jetta. Matt provides great service so I hope all the readers of this forum will take advantage of your new shop when it is open. thanks Ben

deegingerkid

TDI
GREAT News! I for one will be happy to give you my business!

Thank you! :) We're still in the waiting process. 2 weeks in at this point. Really hoping we don't have to wait the full 8 weeks (the upper end of their "guess" at processing time). Fingers crossed. We are SO ready to get to work.

Matt-98AHU

TDI
Got a letter from the BAR today stating they will be contacting me soon to do an inspection of the shop. Things are rolling... slowly, but they are infact moving.

ARO

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta TDI 5 spd
Great news! Congrats Matt & Dee!!!
I need 2 TB jobs. On my 2001 and my dad's 2002. Keep me in the loop.
Jordan

deegingerkid

TDI
Great news! Congrats Matt & Dee!!!
I need 2 TB jobs. On my 2001 and my dad's 2002. Keep me in the loop.
Jordan
I'm adding you to the growing list of people who are looking for work!

Not gonna lie all, this waiting process is quite possibly the most nervous I've been in forever.

deegingerkid

TDI
We have our permit! WE ARE LEGAL!

We'll have an official "opening" date soon. A few more ducks to line up and we're ready.

We are SO excited to serve the greater Bay Area and Central California area!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
We have our permit! WE ARE LEGAL!

We'll have an official "opening" date soon. A few more ducks to line up and we're ready.

We are SO excited to serve the greater Bay Area and Central California area!
It's about time! ;)

Congrats. :cool:

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
YES!!! What an huge benefit it will be for our NorCal TDI Community to have you here in Nor Cal !!!

Congrats and all the best!!!