Matt Phelan/Matt-98AHU now wrenching in San Anselmo

NomadMac

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen S
Guru Matt Phelan, username on here is Matt-98AHU, is now renting a bay at Autohaus II in San Anselmo. Two buildings west of the San Anselmo hub on Sir Francis Drake Boulevard just before the San Anselmo Gas & Shop.

Address: 640 Sir Francis Drake Blvd, San Anselmo, CA 94960

Matt's cell: (734) 717-7527

I've also had the owner of Autohaus II, Greg Colsen, do many services on my Golf and Jetta. Greg drives a Jetta TDi.
(415) 454-3260

Last edited by a moderator:

jerryfreak

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta GLS sedan @295K, 99 Jetta sedan 275k,. 2015 tdi sedan, 105k
nice! i love matt's work, will tell my biodiesel customers

mjwilson

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE (bought back 11/28/2016)..adieu
Be seeing you soon Matt! (timing belt, clutch?, probably other expensive stuff). Best wishes as you get things going. You are a treasure to us here on the left coast!

phishfood

TDI
2002 Jetta Tdi
Just had Matt change out my failing auto trans for a manual, slightly larger injectors, and a suspension refresh on my 02 jetta tdi - he did an amazing job and car is great on the road.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Matt does great work! Congrats on your very own work space, Matt! :)

jerryfreak

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta GLS sedan @295K, 99 Jetta sedan 275k,. 2015 tdi sedan, 105k
is matt's cell supposed to be XXXX'd out in the first post?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
He gave permission. The number can be restored.

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
I have my licenses and permits in process and cannot legally service anyone's vehicles until those have all been approved and are in my hands.

I appreciate the enthusiasm and the help to get the word out, but for the time being I am not officially open for business. Watch this space as there WILL be an announcement when things are in fact legally operational.

Since I will be short on income since I will be unable to perform work, I will try to secure a loan to get me by, or maybe even put up something like a Kickstarter/GoFundMe for those who would like to help me make sure this will become a reality. Maybe offer coupons for future services to those who do donate--a certain percentage off on any service or a free oil change, something along those lines.

If I perceive that there is enough people who are willing to help me get this off the ground, I will go ahead and get an account at one of the above mentioned sites.

But yes, a shop space has been secured, there is a hoist and I am getting close to making this a reality--finally.

Thanks!

deegingerkid

Beware the Ginger! Vendor
TDI
"Blurple" 2000 New Beetle 5M 2006 Jetta has been SOLD
Everyone, thank you SO much for your support. Mark (Abacus) and Mike (mjwilson), your kind words carry serious weight in my world. Thank you!

However, this thread came along a bit pre-maturely but what's done is done. We look forward to the day that we can serve the TDI community here in the Bay Area full-time...it's coming soon! We thank you all in advance for your patience regarding our transition time.

TDIclub has given me more than I ever could have asked for. Not sure how we pay back the community other than to do the best work we can.

:-D

Last edited:

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
Oh, also, in case there was any confusion, I am only renting a bay from Greg at Autohaus II. I am not a part of his company in any way. Just sharing space is all.

Good guy to know and rent from. We share information and give eachother a hand where needed.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Matt, it's great to hear you're going to be back up and running as an independent. Bay area enthusiasts need you! We'll send any business we can your way as soon as we see you're operating.

TDI
1996 Passat B4V
Seeing as I'm only 45 minutes away, I'll most likely be a customer real soon ;)

Any chance you work on the Liberty CRD??? I've done just about everything there is to do within reason, but sometimes you need a good mechanic...

deegingerkid

Beware the Ginger! Vendor
TDI
"Blurple" 2000 New Beetle 5M 2006 Jetta has been SOLD
Seeing as I'm only 45 minutes away, I'll most likely be a customer real soon ;)
Any chance you work on the Liberty CRD??? I've done just about everything there is to do within reason, but sometimes you need a good mechanic...

I asked Matt, and he said he'd be willing to work on a CRD, after much research and possible purchase of a new scan tool. Keep an eye on this thread and the one about Diesel Autowerks. We'll be updating when we're ready to take customers! :)

flashmayo

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta - Gator Tuned
Just had Matt change out my failing auto trans for a manual, slightly larger injectors, and a suspension refresh on my 02 jetta tdi - he did an amazing job and car is great on the road.
Out of curiousity, what did that cost and how much of the hardware did you provide?