Trusted TDI Mechanics/Shops in the Vancouver (GVRD) Area

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Hopefully this will end up being made into a sticky by the mods.
It was suggested to me by another member that we need a post that lists all the trusted TDI mechanics/shops in the Greater Vancouver Regional District so people could find a shop to work on their car that has a good reputation and is in the area of the Lower Mainland that works for them too.
In order to keep things simple, I'll include a link to the shop's website (if they have one) and what area of the GVRD they are in.
If you have a suggestion, please post it below and I'll update the main post with the info.
In order to avoid having the thread shut down or deleted, please DO NOT use this thread to post any negative comments or disparaging remarks about ANY of the businesses listed!
1. JS Performance in Abbotsford
2. Andes Auto Service in Richmond (call for appt 604-442-2130)
3. Euro Wrench Werks in Maple Ridge (604-465-1203)
4. PG Performance in Surrey
5. JMP Autowerks in Surrey
6. Shift Autosport in Burnaby
7. German Motorcar in Port Moody
8. W Motors in New Westminster (604-525-0009)
9. VND Motorsport
As I said already, if you have a suggestion, please post it below and I'll update the main post with the info.
In order to avoid having the thread shut down or deleted, please DO NOT use this thread to post any negative comments or disparaging remarks about ANY of the businesses listed!

Last edited:

VW Petrolero

Veteran Member
TDI
2018 Golf SW 1.8 TSI
Andes Auto Service Info

Thanks Ed for the recommendation but my address has changed.Customers can call me at my cell :604-401-2130 to set an appointment,because I am doing part time TDI work only .Located in Richmond near Lansdowne Mall.
Cheers
Tony
VW Petrolero

Last edited:

N_J

Veteran Member
TDI
VW 2002 Golf 5 speed TDI Indigo Blue Pearl
Thanks for doing this Ed.
I wonder if we could make this a sticky in the forum?

I'm still going to Tony, but two more I'd suggest to cover the GVRD:
-Gary at http://www.germanmotorcar.com/ Address: 2723 Murray Street, Port Moody, BC V3H 1X1
Phone: (604) 936-3999
-Yogi at W Motors
Address: 399 Brunette Avenue, New Westminster, BC V3L 3E7
Phone: (604) 525-0009

steve archer

TDI
2001 golf
tdi mechanics

Thanks for the list. I am new to the club and this is really helpful.. I have a 2001 tdi golf and am running into some issue's with cold starts and shuddering on acceleration, tons of smoke on starting as well. From this site looks like it may be the injectors? Does anyone know of a shop in North Van?? Wetmore motors is where i go but when i took it in they didn't know where to start because there wasn't any engine codes showing up on there scope. I thought they could troubleshoot a bit but i guess not. They have been good generally but not this time.. any suggestions would be great but i will go to another mechanic if they do a good job with the tdi.... thanks again.... steve

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
More info about your car would be helpful. Any mods done to it or is it stock? Have you owned it since new, and if so/not do you know the service history of the car? Has all the scheduled maintenance been done, including timing belt? Have you ever had the intake checked for clogging? Have you checked the Mass Airflow sensor (MAF) to see if it needs to be replaced?

As for taking your car to another mechanic or shop, I'd say you're pretty safe going to any of those on the list above so which ever is closest or most convenient.

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
I have been using VND Motorsport in Surrey (close to Langley). He started working with his father years ago and you name it, they have done it to Dubs - been published in magazines several times. Lots of syncro conversions, TDI moding, etc. His R32 has 500+hp and his Unimog is a beast as well.

http://www.vndmotorsport.com/

Nats_dad

TDI
2003 wagon
Thanks for doing this Ed.
I wonder if we could make this a sticky in the forum?

I'm still going to Tony, but two more I'd suggest to cover the GVRD:
-Gary at http://www.germanmotorcar.com/ Address: 2723 Murray Street, Port Moody, BC V3H 1X1
Phone: (604) 936-3999
-Yogi at W Motors
Address: 399 Brunette Avenue, New Westminster, BC V3L 3E7
Phone: (604) 525-0009
One more thumbs up for German Motor Car of Port Moody.

JatoUnit

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI, Black, "Lola"
I know the dealerships don't always have the most respected mechanics, but for those of us still under warranty, are there any dealerships in the GVRD that are better than average? More importantly, any that are to be avoided at all costs?

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
As long as you're taking your car in for the regularly scheduled maintenance and have receipts to back that up, VW cannot void your warranty because you don't take your car to a dealership. Any licensed shop like those listed above are more than capable of performing your scheduled maintenance using VW-approved parts (pretty much from the same parts suppliers).

*edit - since you're in Abbotsford, stop by JS Performance and have a chat with Jose and Leigh-Anne and they can answer your questions *

VW Petrolero

Veteran Member
TDI
2018 Golf SW 1.8 TSI
Andes Auto Service Info

I am back in town after a winter vacation in Chile.
If you need TDI service please call for an appointment.
Thanks
Tony

outoften

TDI
2006 Jetta
I am using Hansig Automotive on Russel in BBY. They have always been helpful and informative to all my questions. Slightly cheaper than a dealer, and the mechanics arefriendly and easy to talk to

MHNM

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
Trusted mechanics/shops in Bellingham, WA?

Just bought a 2011 Jetta SportwagenTDi and now am wondering if any of you has a recommendation for someone south of the border who is familiar with these systems and trustworthy?

Thanks in advance.

eberg

TDI
2005 Jetta TDI, Manual - 2000 Golf TDI, Manual
6 weeks ago I was not a TDI owner yet - now I have two!

Both cars had issues and I needed to find a good mechanic.

Decided to go to JS Performance in Abbotsford.

My first impression is very good - both cars came back with issues fixed. Friendly and competent service for a reasonable cost.

Recommended!

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Great to hear that eberg. It's nice that this list is actually of some use to people and that the shops listed are living up to the recommendations and expectations that have been set for them!

eberg

TDI
2005 Jetta TDI, Manual - 2000 Golf TDI, Manual
Great to hear that eberg. It's nice that this list is actually of some use to people and that the shops listed are living up to the recommendations and expectations that have been set for them!
Yes, very useful. And I noticed when I parked my silve Jetta in front of JSP, that right next to me was another silver Jetta that greatly resembles the one in you signature! :D

Mean looking car with wheels that make the 17's on mine look small!;)

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yes, very useful. And I noticed when I parked my silve Jetta in front of JSP, that right next to me was another silver Jetta that greatly resembles the one in you signature! :D
Mean looking car with wheels that make the 17's on mine look small!;)
Yeah that's mine. She's patiently waiting for some new "toys" for under the hood. Unfortunately it's gonna be waiting for a while since my funds are all tied up with a new business I recently opened. I miss my car! :(

TrueNorthist

TDI
1997 Jetta TDI (Sold) 1992 Passat G60 Syncro wagon (current TDI conversion project) 1990 Jetta GL IDI TD
I'll give a thumbs up for JS Performance in Abby. Good mechanics and excellent service. Doesn't hurt that they are close to AVR too.

paascal

TDI
golf tdi 2001
good shops around vernon revelstoke kelowna

hello, i just moved to bc, i was wondering if someone could guide me to a good shop around those areas?

i live in revelstoke right now

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
hello, i just moved to bc, i was wondering if someone could guide me to a good shop around those areas?

i live in revelstoke right now
Where in BC? Its a big place, :p

Are you staying in Revelstoke and moving or ?

paascal

TDI
golf tdi 2001
since nothing happens in revelstoke I assumed no tdi competent guy was out there ;)

I live In revy, but I go play in Vernon and Kelowna too...

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Unfortuneatly not, your going to have to dig around and ask questions to see if they know TDI's.

massivedynamics

TDI
Jetta
I am looking to buy a 2002 Jetta TDI is it worth having a mechanic take a look at it. What should I be looking for when I buy it? How much do you think it would cost?

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I am looking to buy a 2002 Jetta TDI is it worth having a mechanic take a look at it. What should I be looking for when I buy it? How much do you think it would cost?

Having it looked at first is a no brainer. I've done lots of pre inspections for customers and saved them buying total pieces of crap.

Look for worn brakes, tires, suspension IE bushings, tie rods etc. See if they will supply maintenance records, if not, assume it will need a timing belt done. Check how it drives-is it smooth? does it make boost? belch black smoke? If auto, how does it shift?

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Do you know where I can find shops in Kelowna vernon or revy?

So I asked my niece who lives in Kelowna and drives a B5 Audi A4 with 1.8T and she took her car to Auto West. She said they were decent but she was a little put off that there were a couple of issues that weren't fixed but she's unsure if they were due to the previous shop totally screwing her around and basically implying that she'd need a whole new engine. Long story short, she'd have to go back to them to see if they are actually any good. Kind of a half-assed recommendation but better than none I suppose.