Goodbye TDI!

samarai

TDI
2012 Golf TDI w/ tech pkg.
Sad day for me, after agonizing for almost a year I finally decided to turn in my mint, 2012 Golf TDI w/ tech package. It was a hard decision, especially after having done so much to the car. Between the Dieselgeek short shift kit, skid plate, Michelin Primacy tires, & diesel fuel filter filtration system added to the vehicle, who knows how much I may have spent. Oh, might I add that at EVERY fill up I added a fuel additive since I drove the car off of the dealer's lot. While I had the car, I always made sure that I parked the car in the middle of nowhere so that I didn't have any moron swing there door into mine and leave a dent. The car has been bulletproof since day one, and that's after putting almost 70,000 miles on it. It broke my heart to have left this car at the dealership and I've tried to think about this on an non-emotional level, but its been difficult. I just want to say thank you to the many people on this site who have provided both information & support, it's been a great resource & community. Hopefully this forum will not fade away. I will continue to check in every now and then...

samarai

TDI
2012 Golf TDI w/ tech pkg.
Why? The buyback offer was too good coupled with the fact that always in the back of my mind was that issue of the HPFP imploding, along with other complex mechanical issues related to these specific engines. I am better served w/ a non-turbo vehicle that isn't diesel. As good as these cars seemed to be, VW has essentially killed the diesel car market for the USA. I am done with VW...

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
I'm still driving my 2010 with over 140K miles. I replaced the HPFP with the more robust CP3, so no more worries about that. It was only about ~$1000 to be free of that worry.

I also just did all new brakes, rotors, shocks, struts, and tires! The car feels like new! For me it seemed more economical to invest in the car I have and keep on motoring. I love driving my little 2010 Golf TDI! I'm hoping I still feel that way until at least 300K miles!