Good ALH and BEW mechanic Seattle area

Brian O'Dell

TDI
2005 GLS Wagon 5spd
Help,

I'm starting down the road of buying a 99-05 tdi Jetta wagon. I need mechanic in the Seattle area. The only German shop I've used before is Fat City. But I haven't taken a car to Jessie in 15 years.

Is there anyone who can recommend a mechanic? Anybody run bio?

Thoughts?

hey_allen

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
I'm not sure of one to recommend, but I can point out a warning that I've heard nothing reputable about.

Many reports to avoid GreenCarCo aka TDI Motors in Bellevue.

I don't have any experience with them as a service center, but I can recommend Auto Sport Imports as a VW parts resource in the local area.
They do maintenance work, but I've never needed to use them, as I do 99% of my own work.

There is also Cascade German a couple of hours south in Gresham, OR (Portland metro area) who is a highly regarded vendor here, and seem to have a good reputation for maintenance from what I've seen.

moparvwfrak

TDI
02 Jetta TDI, 99 MK4 Jetta TDI (parts), 99 mk4 Jetta gasser
I personally use Fine tuning. Chris is a genius when it comes to dub diesels. hes comparable to most shops pricing wise and he does warranty work as well. i have been going to him since i got my GLI about 10 yrs ago. if he, or his crew, fail to perform properly, he makes it right.

one of his techs over tightened the filter cap on my B3 GLX and i had to chisel it off. got it repaired and called him up as they were the last ones to do the oil change. since i had already fixed said problem, my repair happened on a saturday when he wasnt open, he threw the exhaust on my moms Jetta for nothing. like i said, if theres an issue, he makes it right. i think in all the time i have been going there, this was the ONLY issue i have had.

as for a parts house, definatley AutoSport. i have been going to see Paula, for a number of years now, as has my dad and alot of other people i know. good people, good prices, and knowledgeable on dubs.

Doger

TDI
2002 golf 4door
If you don't mind traveling a little bit then JS performance up in Canada is amazing. they are very highly recommended in this area.

AK islandr

TDI
Silver 03 GLS 5 spd wagon
I have gone to Rich at Fix um haus in Portland OR for all my engine fixes. Now I live on an island and he was worth the drive to get work done. His work on my TDI paid has paid for itself over time. He is fast and good, got me back on the road in just hours. I wouldn't hesitate to go again if necessary. Another reason is stop at Voodoo doughnuts while you are in PDX!

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Rich is the man. Not sure what the hourly rates are like down there, but given the dollar, it might be worth popping over the border if you have the time.

kiwibru

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2-door, 2k Silver. Red RTDI now gone but not forgotten!
Well having supported his shop over time I can say it was worth the $. I don't have many things that require a tall lift so he gets the things I can't do and does them well. Very detail oriented and it is close to relatives for me. I have also supported Rich at FixUmHaus in PDX and he and Marcel are also great but a bit of a longer drive for me.

sk8rguy

TDI
2015 SE TDI Golf Sportwagon
Well having supported his shop over time I can say it was worth the $. I don't have many things that require a tall lift so he gets the things I can't do and does them well. Very detail oriented and it is close to relatives for me. I have also supported Rich at FixUmHaus in PDX and he and Marcel are also great but a bit of a longer drive for me.
True, I can't think of anyone else I would trust to do my timing belt. I just wish I could afford to have him do anything else.