San Jose Area Happening

MarsBar

Veteran Member
TDI
B4V#2 "Flash", 2000 Jetta GL, B4V#1 "PaTuDI" (2008-2018 RIP)
Just putting this out there as an FYI to anyone interested.

Bay Area Chapter of International Inliners car club is having their annual BBQ and Car Show on Sunday, May 28th, at Edith Morley Park in Campbell. Starts at 9am, goes to whenever the last one leaves. If you don't want the BBQ, just come and show off your car. If you want to partake of some seriously delicious grub, it's $15/person. We'll also have a raffle and split the pot.

Hubby's the Chapter Chair, and we're trying to drag the club into a more widespread & varied membership, beyond old cars and old trucks, so come check it all out. After all, a TDI is an inline engine and we all loved having get togethers! Won't be any wrenching, just good food and good folks.

RSVP for the BBQ by May 24th so we can be sure to buy enough food.

MarsBar

Veteran Member
TDI
B4V#2 "Flash", 2000 Jetta GL, B4V#1 "PaTuDI" (2008-2018 RIP)
Yes!!! We'll have lots of old stuff with inline engines, need to get more current and varied vehicles. We're probably the most progressive of all the chapters, and also one of the biggest.

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
Gee............wish I could make it......(I'll be in KC).

Great location (I'm a Spartan and I worked at a Bascom@Campbell gas station during my time at SJS..................

regretfully, ez

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
Will there be a TV anywhere to watch the Indy 500? Just realized what day the 28th was...

Lol.

That's my traditional Memorial day Sunday--everyone can sod off--I'm sitting my butt in front of the tube and watching the Monaco Grand Prix, the Indy 500 and if I feel up to it, maybe some of the Coke 600... But I am definitely more of an open wheel guy and after watching the first two, I feel like I need to get up and do something.

Besides, there's a very interesting crossover this year. 2005 and 2006 F1 World Champion Fernando Alonso is NOT driving at Monaco and will instead compete at Indy this year... Mostly because his McLaren-Honda is a flaming pile of hopeless poo in F1 this year. I gotta see this...

If Bernie Ecclestone were still running the show, he'd probably do everything in his power to deny this from happening. Fortunately the new owners of F1, Liberty Media, seem to be a little less rigid.