Hooking Up ScangaugeII

cswaner@peoplepc.com

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
I should be receiving the new scangaugeII I ordered for my new 2010 Jetta TDI and am curious where it plugs in, I have looked over the engine compartment and in the manual and can't see where the OBD hook up is. Maybe once I get the cable for the scangauge it will seem obvious. But any help would be appreciated.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Your vehicle owner's manual will point out the location of the OBD2 diagnostic port.

Last edited:

Honeydew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Passat DSG
Doesn't Federal Law require the port to be within three feet of the steering wheel? If so, that should narrow the search down to a nice manageable radius.

Sip'n Diesel

Veteran Newbie
San Joaquin Valley, I have VCDS (KII-USB)
TDI
2003 ALH: 254,000 miles
+1, RTFM

:confused: why does your title have a "thumbs down" in it?

OBD-II plugs are NOT in the engine compartment

go out to your car and look under the dash on the driver's side... 20 bucks says it's in that vicinity. shouldn't take you more than 1 minute :p

this is a NON-ISSUE, IMHO :)

Sip'n Diesel

Veteran Newbie
San Joaquin Valley, I have VCDS (KII-USB)
TDI
2003 ALH: 254,000 miles
How do I find the plug to connect the ScanGauge II?
The OBD2 connector is supposed to be located within 1 meter of the steering column. It is usually under the dash and just to the right or left of the steering column. Sometimes it will have a cover over its face. Other locations are under the dash on the passenger side under the dash, behind the ash tray and in a rare case, under the ash tray in the back seat armrest. The pictures below show the OBD2 plug in a typical location.

http://www.scangauge.com/support/faq.shtml :)

cswaner@peoplepc.com

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Thanks for all the help. It was under the dash on the left and took just seconds to hook up. Now I just need to calibrate everything to the car and start using it. Thanks again.

Capacitor

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf, 2009 Jetta DSG Auto
WCT wrong on SC2

on my 01 golf tdi auto

the scangauge 2 does not display proper water coolant temp

about 99% of the time it's correct.

but on a very hot day it can show the engine is up at 140c (celcius)
(max redline is 130 btw) i've seen it go to 190 and 210

checked with mech, laser temp reader, was actually at 90 where it's supposed to be.

setup my own "x gauge" with the proper vals, same thing.

so don't always trust that one value, everything else seems to work fine.

btw I got it because I had probs with thermostat and "circuit board" both went on 2 different trips. water pump was bad also on very 1st trip early on. fixed all that.

spent $9400 on repairs on a $9000 car... ouch