ScanGaugeII

vondiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 jetta wagon auto , 2003 jetta wagon 5 speed manual
My wife bought me a ScanGauageII for my birthday. I was wondering if anybody has tried this product. I have a 2005 Jetta wagon; I am a little leary of plugging this into my OBD port. Will it mess up my computer? Any info would be appreciated.

auto_tech

Vendor
TDI
SOLD - 2001 Jetta blue; 2016 Jetta 1.4TSI 5spd
I've seen these in some of my customers' vehicles. Seems they can give you some useful information and some information that will just make some people worry more.

danielhf

Veteran Member
TDI
None anymore...
The ScanGaugeII poses no threat to your vehicle's computer. If you use the search function (OBD Scanners section), you will find lots of useful information.

The ScanGaugeII is quite useful as it not only gives you instantanious info, but can read and clear fault codes like a VAG COM.

Honeydew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Passat DSG
We have one in each vehicle and love em. Make sure you set it initially and calibrate it at the first 3 fillups at least, per the instructions for accurate mpg. The best thing to do is install it and immediately fillup. If its in and you haven't done that, just fillup and reset. Set it on diesel a. There is lots of discussion here about it but everything you need is in the instruction manual. (in tiny print)