weight of an MK2 GTI or vw caddy truck?

03_01_TDI

Banned
TDI
Na
Curious to how much those options weigh? also who is the company up in the north that does those swaps? I've seen them before on this website just can't recall who they are.

Hasenwerk

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1982 Cabriolet (BEW|VNT17|Stage4), 1989 VW TriStar Syncro soon-to-be CR TDI (CBEA), 2001 Ford Ranger Edge 4x4 (ALH|VNT17|R520|Stage4)
03_01_TDI said:
Curious to how much those options weigh? also who is the company up in the north that does those swaps? I've seen them before on this website just can't recall who they are.
If you are looking for the lightest, it is the Rabbit PU - these are light! If I recall correctly weight was about 880kg for the 2.0L one that I used to have.

As in "up north" where excactly do you mean? I am at 53 deg North latitude...

03_01_TDI

Banned
TDI
Na
canada - i think was were the shop was located.

So about 1900lbs. Now I need to research which car has the better .cd should be the same .cd. Just that the truck would terrible aerodynamcis- like all trucks and convertibles- they create suction instead of recouping some of the air energy as it closes back around teh car.

Which is why the Honda Insight is tear dropped shaped.

Hasenwerk

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1982 Cabriolet (BEW|VNT17|Stage4), 1989 VW TriStar Syncro soon-to-be CR TDI (CBEA), 2001 Ford Ranger Edge 4x4 (ALH|VNT17|R520|Stage4)
03_01_TDI said:
canada - i think was were the shop was located.

So about 1900lbs. Now I need to research which car has the better .cd should be the same .cd. Just that the truck would terrible aerodynamcis- like all trucks and convertibles- they create suction instead of recouping some of the air energy as it closes back around teh car.

Which is why the Honda Insight is tear dropped shaped.
Well, I had a 1980 Rabbit PU that I installed a 2.0L gasoline engine into it that was quite tricked out and damn fast with 150hp on tap. It had a Diesel gear box in it so that it was doing 2200 rpm at 100km/h - it is the first VW that I got to 180km/h. To me, if you don't mind seating for two, the Caddy is the vehicle to have - very cool as it is very unique. I think the difference in areodynamics between the two cars will be insignificant with the speeds we are legally allowed to do.