Any Tdi Fuel Injector Pump Rebuilder in Los Angeles area?

fortec

TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
Hi guys and gals,

I am just looking a head to find if there is any Injector Pump rebuilder in the Los angeles area. Just in case mine goes out. My Jetta Tdi has 170K on it already. I saw 2 companies on ebay that goes for $375 where you send them your busted Pump and they will rebuild it and send it back to you. But they are in out of State.

So I am looking for a guy to do the job here in Los Angeles.

Thanks for the info.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
For $375 you are not getting a good rebuild. Send it to Diesel Fuel Injection Services in Portland, Oregon. Heck, the way things are going, it's almost the same state. :)

fortec

TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
Left Coast Resident said:
Why do you speculate that yours will be failing?
Hi Left Coast,

You speculate that anything will fail overtime. Especially that I just bought the car and don't know where it has been, how it was driven. Anyway, it is always nice to know ahead of time of the resource.

Thanks for your reply,

Left Coast Resident

Ubẽr Clubbie
TDI
2001, 2002 & 2003 Jettas
fortec said:
Hi Left Coast,
You speculate that anything will fail overtime. Especially that I just bought the car and don't know where it has been, how it was driven. Anyway, it is always nice to know ahead of time of the resource.
Thanks for your reply,
I wasn't being facetious -- except for needing an 'O'-ring from ULSD / LSD / Bio-D mixing issues (or from running bad Bio which, according to my source at DFIS will be keeping them in business for a long time), these pumps seldom give too much trouble. So, I just wondered what you were anticipating . . .

FWIW, it is possible to damage them by running them out of fuel repeatedly (but that's like slamming your head against a wall, because of what you've got to go through to restart the car after you let that happen), and you could, I suppose, find a way to induce fuel filter failure and get them dirty internally -- that would lunch the pump, but you'd have to be creative to get dirt in there -- the fuel filters clog up slowly, they aren't known to tear apart. So you would lose power over time over a certain rate of fueling, sort of like having a clogged intake.

There are a few other failure or problem situations that can occur, but that's enough info. for this thread. Threads exist that detail all this info. and more.

I use Atlas Diesel Fuel Injection Service (Bosch certified) in North Hollywood for pop testing and injector spray pattern verification, but I would send my pump to DFIS if it needed work. Atlas deals with large diesels, and as far as I know, just myself, and a few other TDI owners that I've sent over there are their only VW customers. That would qualify them to do injectors, but in my mind, not the pump.

Blue Haze

TDI
2013 Passat; 82 caddy w/aaz 1.9 mtr; 65 chevelle SS
pump and injector rebuilder

Metro Diesel in I believe Santa Fe Springs. He did two sets of injectors for me while I waited. He does all kinds of injector pumps as well as injectors.

fortec

TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
Blue Haze said:
Metro Diesel in I believe Santa Fe Springs. He did two sets of injectors for me while I waited. He does all kinds of injector pumps as well as injectors.
Thank you much fellow TDI owner. I will keep them in file, just in case.

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
Listen to Al and Whitedog, DFIS for your pump.

I've gone to this place in El Monte for pump seals (they had to order it), but not to rebuild any injection pumps. Their prices are so similar, I'd rather send it to DFIS.

If they were verified and way cheaper, I'd love to go local. Alas, they aren't very savy to tdi's. Not to say our pump is the most elite of the bunch.

I asked them about TDI's and they said, what's a tdi? (Truck snobs!)

United Diesel Service, Inc.
1903 Penn Mar Avenue
South El Monte, CA 91733
Phone: (626) 579-4832
Fax: (626) 579-2348
Email: janece@uniteddiesel.com
Web Addr: http://www.uniteddiesel.com