First TDI Purchase, 09 Jetta DSG

Kapitan

TDI
2009 candy white tdi
I recently purchased my 09 Jetta TDI dsg from Chris Farnham at VW of Langhorne, PA. The buying experience was outstanding and Chris was extremely knowledgable regarding the TDI. He gave me a fair $ for my trade and excellent $ on the Jetta. As for the Jetta, it is quite the "little girl"! I've been very with the torque and overall handling characteristics. The car was supposed to be for my son. He'll have a difficult time prying the key out of my hand after he gets his license!

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
Kapitan said:
I recently purchased my 09 Jetta TDI dsg from Chris Farnham at VW of Langhorne, PA.
Happy all went well. We bought 4 diesel cars through Chris in 2006.

If you want to have your son take-part in the episode of drivership, then you must contact Jeff at Rocket Chip and have him send you a tuning box for this model year.:D

Cool.
Congrats

BrianCT

DoctorDawg

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 Jetta Loyal Edition
Kapitan said:
The car was supposed to be for my son. He'll have a difficult time prying the key out of my hand after he gets his license!
Dang, where were you when I was 16? ;)

I just stuck my college-graduate kid with the beat-up old Subaru I replaced with my '09 Jetta. Although he thinks he's ready to conquer the world, I don't think he's even ready to fully appreciate a real car yet. Let him drive that 150K mile gas-gulping rattle-trap for a coupla years first. If he can manage to keep it on the road (which really just comes down to changing the oil reg'lar and taking it easy on the clutch) maybe then I'll give him the TDI (but only after VAG introduces something even more wonderful for me!).

Capt. Common Rail

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI. DSG turned in ,2014 Passat Tdi se,2015 golf sel dsg
Kapitan: A funny thing happened to me on the road the other day. I was driving down Rt. 523 South, and the traffic was moving very slowly. Up in the distance I spotted a white Jetta and assumed there was a blue-haired lady behind the wheel because the car was moving so slowly. When I finally got up to the dotted line that allowed me to pass, I dropped my Jetta TDI into sport mode and let it rip! As I approached the white Jetta, I was shocked to see Kapitan hunched over the wheel, studying the MFD on the dash -- I guess looking for that evasive 50 mpg. Good luck with the new car, but I think it would be wise to drive for breakin, not economy. We wouldn't want the little girl to be rear-ended now, would we?

Kapitan

TDI
2009 candy white tdi
Otto V D: You caught me red-handed! I am, admittedly, addicted to the economy of this little TDI. The combination of power and fuel economy is intoxicating. However, next time you see me you better not blink! I'm ridin' her hard and fast! See you on the road.