Finished software fix... now what?

TahoeKid

TDI
2015 Jetta, previously 2003 New Beetle
It only took a few days to go from initial online forms to getting the software fix (yesterday). I have a 2015 Jetta TDI SE, 6 speed manual transmission.

I did notice the car does not have the same pull at freeway speeds. It still accelerates well, but that massive pull is gone - not that I used it that much... it still jumps onto the freeway quickly.

My question relates to the pay system. I opted for a wire transfer rather than check, but I was never asked for my banking account info. When I log back into the VWGOA web site it just says 'Thank you for participating in the Settlement Program. Our records show that this claim is now complete'.

This was yesterday, I've not received a follow up email from VW.

Anyone here know how the payment part works?

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
It only took a few days to go from initial online forms to getting the software fix (yesterday). I have a 2015 Jetta TDI SE, 6 speed manual transmission.

I did notice the car does not have the same pull at freeway speeds. It still accelerates well, but that massive pull is gone - not that I used it that much... it still jumps onto the freeway quickly.

My question relates to the pay system. I opted for a wire transfer rather than check, but I was never asked for my banking account info. When I log back into the VWGOA web site it just says 'Thank you for participating in the Settlement Program. Our records show that this claim is now complete'.

This was yesterday, I've not received a follow up email from VW.

Anyone here know how the payment part works?
At least for buybacks, you received the Chase email to initiate the money transfer the night after the buyback day (on average -- outliers exist). So watch for it tonight.

TahoeKid

TDI
Finally got hold of someone at VW... email will come from JP Morgan Chase within 3 days.

TahoeKid

TDI
At least for buybacks, you received the Chase email to initiate the money transfer the night after the buyback day (on average -- outliers exist). So watch for it tonight.
Got it.. Everything else went quickly up until this part...

TahoeKid

TDI
I received the email this evening from Chase. Filled out the details so should have funds by EOD tomorrow...

A lot of guys on my other forum (rdforum.org) talked about buyback... I noticed many are opting for that but in my case the car is fairly new and I want to drive it until it has 250,000 miles. Buyback pays off my loan, leaves me with a few thousand in my pocket and no car.

btw, I did drive more on the freeway today and it still accelerates very well, maybe 85% of what it did before the software fix... it is no slouch.

sohccammer427

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDi 6 Speed Manual
After several weeks of procrastinating (as I have a claim approved for a fix for my 2015 Passat 6 speed) I scheduled an appointment for this Tuesday (2/14) to get the phase one done.
Most all who have had this done are reporting that there are no discernible changes with performance or fuel economy.
Thanks for posting how the Chase email think works. I guess by Friday I should have a "fixed" Tdi and $$$ in the bank.

TahoeKid

TDI
After several weeks of procrastinating (as I have a claim approved for a fix for my 2015 Passat 6 speed) I scheduled an appointment for this Tuesday (2/14) to get the phase one done.
Most all who have had this done are reporting that there are no discernible changes with performance or fuel economy.
Thanks for posting how the Chase email think works. I guess by Friday I should have a "fixed" Tdi and $$$ in the bank.
My direct deposit came in last night. The whole process from start to finish is about a week, provided you go out and get the notarized paperwork done asap. Funny side story - when I went to the Notary, she said "Oh, another VW claim"....

jcart

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDi Malone Stage 2, Rawtek.
No discernible change in fuel economy and power is a positive, what about Urea volume increase dealership say anything? Not sure what to do with ours, we bought on Sept 11, 2015.... been a great car so far, aside from all the NOx.... ;) Not spewed and huge savings on fuel and wear tear on my 96 7.3 powerstroke pickup....

j

Last edited: