• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ton

Veteran Member
TDI
early 2001 jetta
oldsmokyjoe said:
Virginia:

Woodfin Oil Watchcard locations. Unmanned pumps with B5. Must use Watchcard available via www.watchcard.net:

--Richmond 1625 North Hamilton Street, Richmond VA 23230

More locations in VA, but not all Watchcard stations (yet) carry BD
1156 River Rd. Charlottesville,VA 22901 It's on the right and easy to find. The pump says biomass biodiesel 5-20%. Also in 600 4th St.,Shenandoah,VA Texaco sells Holtzman brand B5.

Last edited:

greenbrier62

TDI
2005 Passat Wagon GL 89,000 miles, purchased in June
FYI...Jackson, WY

Phillips 66 stopped selling B20...Keep heading east, 0.25 miles, and go to the Shell station on the right side of the road, they just started to offer it. Not sure the % yet...I asked the tenant but they didn't know.

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
I got BD ( B20 ) off of exit 30 on I-81 in north eastern Tenn for $2.799 on 10-25-09 . The location was on the south west area of the exit just off the freeway . There was a "Bio-diesel" sign over the Diesel insignia sign on the location on the highway exit info sign .

I got B20 ( marked as it varries from B20-B5 with an average mix of B10 or 11 ) off of exit 21 ( Ill 4 ) on I-64 in Ill for $2.799 on 11-08-09 . The location was a Shell station ~2 miles north of the interstate just across US 50 on the east side in Lebanon Ill . There was a "Bio" sign over the Diesel insignia sign on exit info for exit 21 & 27 .

ORDER_N_CHAOS

TDI
2013 Q7 TDI, 2005.5 Jetta TDI
B20 in Glenview, IL

For all of the Chicagoland/North Chicago Suburb folks on this forum, there is a new BP/AM PM station constructed at the corner of Willow Rd. and Sanders Rd. in Glenview, IL.

Pulled in yesterday as I was running a little low for comfort and seen on their road sign that they had diesel. Pulled up to the pump and to my surprise, it is labeled "Biodiesel" for the button you have to push to select the grade. It has a sticker claiming B20, but also has the usual disclaimer sticker of 5% to 20% Biodiesel. I was under the assumption that most stations in Illinois have B11 if any Bio at all, but there did seem to be a little higher concentration of bio in the mix than I get at the Road Ranger in Lombard, IL, which is definitely B11. There is a slight difference in how the engine is running as well, though almost unnoticeable, but does seem just a tick smoother and slightly more consistent under acceleration.

So, this is good news for fans of Biodiesel, such as myself. It is also a notice for those running the 2009 and higher TDIs to be aware of. I will say that for those that can't run, or don't want to run higher blends of bio, the pump is labeled up quite nice with all the necessary disclaimers and warnings, so there shouldn't be any confusion like at some other pumps I've heard of in the past.

Take care all!

arne487

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf TDI, '10 TDI Cup Jetta
Griffin Oil & Propane: 1224 Holland Road, Suffolk, VA‎ 23434 - (757) 294-3013‎
B10, usually cheaper than #2 anywhere else in the area.

ORDER_N_CHAOS

TDI
2013 Q7 TDI, 2005.5 Jetta TDI
B20 in Glenview, IL

For all of the Chicagoland/North Chicago Suburb folks on this forum, there is a new BP/AM PM station constructed at the corner of Willow Rd. and Sanders Rd. in Glenview, IL.

Pulled in yesterday as I was running a little low for comfort and seen on their road sign that they had diesel. Pulled up to the pump and to my surprise, it is labeled "Biodiesel" for the button you have to push to select the grade. It has a sticker claiming B20, but also has the usual disclaimer sticker of 5% to 20% Biodiesel. I was under the assumption that most stations in Illinois have B11 if any Bio at all, but there did seem to be a little higher concentration of bio in the mix than I get at the Road Ranger in Lombard, IL, which is definitely B11. There is a slight difference in how the engine is running as well, though almost unnoticeable, but does seem just a tick smoother and slightly more consistent under acceleration.

So, this is good news for fans of Biodiesel, such as myself. It is also a notice for those running the 2009 and higher TDIs to be aware of. I will say that for those that can't run, or don't want to run higher blends of bio, the pump is labeled up quite nice with all the necessary disclaimers and warnings, so there shouldn't be any confusion like at some other pumps I've heard of in the past.

Take care all!

Osage Orange

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta *sold*
B11 in Canton IL.

Theres a B11 pump at the BP station in Canton IL (south location). Also theres a pump with a 5%-20% biomass declaration at the Thorntons station in Havana IL.

steve626

TDI
2010 JSW
B5 in Pittsburgh

The GetGo on Baum Blvd. in Shadyside/Oakland has B5 as their only type of diesel.

4928 Baum Boulevard, Pittsburgh, PA 15213-1309

adamant628

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon GLS
steve626 said:
The GetGo on Baum Blvd. in Shadyside/Oakland has B5 as their only type of diesel.

4928 Baum Boulevard, Pittsburgh, PA 15213-1309

There is a place around there that sells B100, I think. I think it's listed here as well.

UBUGME

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 VW Golf Sportwagen Gray
BP B20 commercial fuel station Columbus, OH

I found a commercial BP fueling station selling B20 near this address:

1508-1748 Refugee Rd.
Columbus, OH 43207

Coordinates 39.919678,-82.959079

I drove in and they accept credit cards.

rootbeerinacan

TDI
2010 Golf TDI, 4-door hatchback 6-speed standard - 2009 Jetta TDI, wagon 6-speed DSG - 2000 Golf TDI, 4-door hatchback 5-speed standard (sold)
British Columbia, Vancouver

After much searching, the only place that has biodiesel is United Petroleum. They have a location providing B20 at 3373 Norland Avenue in Burnaby and a cardlock (credit account needed with United) with B50 at 16 Bewicke Avenue, North Vancouver.

The only other place in the Greater Vancouver region is the Vancouver BioDiesel Co-op. $25 to sign up. http://vancouverbiodiesel.org/

Cascadia is closed, Autogas no longer does BD and the Delta Husky has also stopped BD.

A bit of rant here: THIS IS RIDICULOUS! We need more biodiesel in Vancouver.

jaynielsen

TDI
2000 TDI Jetta
I've been unable to find any biodiesel retailers in Alberta; in particular the Calgary area.

If anyone knows of a good spot for even B20 please post.

Joe Romas

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sprotswagen
There's a BP Commercial at 1580 E. Fifth Ave in Columbus, Ohio Just east of Joyce Ave.
They have B5, B10 and B20.
It's new and clean looking and appears to be credit card only.
Now I don't have to drive to Deleware to fill my Jeep CRD.

Joe

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
BioDiesel price thread

I have been looking, but I haven't seen a thread dedicated to current Biodiesel prices.

If the mods approve, I would like this thread to be stickied and everyone can add what they are currently paying for Biodiesel.

Lets limit this thread to B20 or higher, if you don't mind.

If you want to break it up between per gallon price, fees, then total per gallon price, that is cool.

Oh, Of course a location would be appreciated as well.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Downs energy in Corona Ca.

B99 - $3.8131 per gallon

Federal Excise fee - $0.243 per gallon
Federal Lust Tax (?) - $0.001 per gallon
Federal Oil Spill Fee - $0.0019 per gallon
Ca Oil Spill Fee - $0.00119 per gallon
UST Fee - $0.02 per gallon
Federal Regulatory Compliance Fee - Flat $3.95

I got 4 Gallons So my net invoice was $20.98 plus sales tax brings it to a grand total of $22.76

$5.69 per gallon.

Ouch...

Plus 3 Golfer

Veteran Member
TDI
Und tschüss! 2009 Jetta 12/23/2012
Prices for B99 below: pay per gallon, prepay at 250+ gallon price then fillup as needed, or get free delivery of 250+ gallons.