Sturgeon Bay, WI GTG Oct. 4th, 2014

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
Sorry for the late notice on the GTG... I wasn't sure about having a GTG, so I figure better late than never.:D

The GTG will start at 9 AM on Saturday October 4th, 2014

It will be held at our shop that has a 2 post lift for working on cars.

The address is 203 Keel Ct.
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235

I should be able to get a hold of a grill if people are interested in grilling some burgers or brats.

Hopefully there is still enough interest to have a good crowd at the GTG.:)

Would also consider doing a cruise to start the morning if people express enough interest to tour some of Door County.:cool:

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
I'll have to check my schedule, but I'm pretty sure I can make it. Looking to do a road trip to see what I get for highway mileage now that the manual swap has been done.

mklabunde

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium
Sorry for the late notice on the GTG... I wasn't sure about having a GTG, so I figure better late than never.:D

The GTG will start at 9 AM on Saturday October 4th, 2014

It will be held at our shop that has a 2 post lift for working on cars.

The address is 203 Keel Ct.
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235

I should be able to get a hold of a grill if people are interested in grilling some burgers or brats.

Hopefully there is still enough interest to have a good crowd at the GTG.:)

Would also consider doing a cruise to start the morning if people express enough interest to tour some of Door County.:cool:
I was wondering if and when this might happen was hoping you were going to have one. This time I will be there bright and early have a concert to video for a band called Vital Signs that night at the electric lounge in Oshkosh.

TDiSkater

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG Salsa Red
I was wondering too as my annual trip to Door is coming up. But I'll be there 2 weekends afterwards as my wife wanted to be there for Fallfest. Have a good GTG.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
I'll have to check my schedule, but I'm pretty sure I can make it. Looking to do a road trip to see what I get for highway mileage now that the manual swap has been done.
Great:)

I was wondering if and when this might happen was hoping you were going to have one. This time I will be there bright and early have a concert to video for a band called Vital Signs that night at the electric lounge in Oshkosh.
Yeah, I was kicking around the idea for the last week or so before I decide to go ahead and host the gtg.

I was wondering too as my annual trip to Door is coming up. But I'll be there 2 weekends afterwards as my wife wanted to be there for Fallfest. Have a good GTG.
You could always make a day trip for the gtg.;)

duwem

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI 5 Speed
I hope to be there and would definitely be in for some fun on the curvy road up in Da Door. Eric knows all the good roads up there and we had a real good time last fall even with drizzle. Maybe we should avoid blasting past the gate at the state park without paying this time though ;)

Some picts from past GTG's at Eric's

duwem

Veteran Member
TDI
Those coming from the south, want to meet up in Manitowoc and drive up together?

mklabunde

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium
Those coming from the south, want to meet up in Manitowoc and drive up together?
I am coming from the south will be leaving at 7am from my house so I should be in Manitowoc around 8:15ish. Where would you like to meet?

Mark

duwem

Veteran Member
TDI
Guess it depends on if there is a cruise and what time it starts. If thats at 9 would want to leave manitowoc before 8:15.

Little birdy told me you got an engine tune recently Mark...going to put it to use?

mklabunde

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium
Guess it depends on if there is a cruise and what time it starts. If thats at 9 would want to leave manitowoc before 8:15.

Little birdy told me you got an engine tune recently Mark...going to put it to use?
I don't know what your talking about :eek::eek:

yes I have a stage 2 tune in the car now and yes I do like it very much :D:D:D:D:D acts like a different car. I just wish I could do a stage 3 tune but I need to keep all that exhaust crap otherwise I won't pass emissions :mad: oh well.

duwem

Veteran Member
TDI
Emissions? What's that? ALH for the win.

Eric what kind of food or supplies do you need?

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
I'll bring a party pack of brats and buns, if people wanna bring chips, soda/water, and desserts, that would be great.:)
I can grab some chips and some sodas.

For anyone that's coming up, if you have a hand-held vacuum pump I could borrow, I would appreciate it. Looks like I've got a vacuum leak and want to check where it is.

Coming up from the state line, I'll probably be leaving my house about 6am to head up. That means I should be hitting Manitowoc around 8-ish. If you guys are meeting there, maybe I could join you for the rest of the drive.

D_Squared

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf 2D 6M
I can find something sweet to bring along. I would be able to meet in Manitowoc. Just say when and I will plan accordingly. I think I'm gonna bring the GoPro for some cool videos/pictures during the cruise.

mklabunde

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium
I can find something sweet to bring along. I would be able to meet in Manitowoc. Just say when and I will plan accordingly. I think I'm gonna bring the GoPro for some cool videos/pictures during the cruise.
yes where and when are we gonna meet in Manitowoc? Let me know so I can plan what time I need to leave.

Mark

duwem

Veteran Member
TDI
I will bring some home made cookies or bars, assuming my wife agrees to make them. I will stick to wrenches!

Are we doing a Cruise Eric?

duwem

Veteran Member
TDI
Mark, Yes.

How about some of the other guys, you guys in for a spirited drive around the winding roads of Door Country in the morning, then grill out at the shop around noon and work on cars/ shoot the bull?

Meeting time still pending, but here is the park and ride near the Holiday Inn in Manitowoc we could meet at.

Last edited:

mklabunde

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium
Mark, Yes.

How about some of the other guys, you guys in for a spirited drive around the winding roads of Door Country in the morning, then grill out at the shop around noon and work on cars/ shoot the bull?

Meeting time still pending, but here is the park and ride near the Holiday Inn in Manitowoc we could meet at.

Just let me know when. I will stop off at the brewery on Friday to pick up a case or two of root beer and maybe some other flavors but don't know

Mark

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
Mark, Yes.

Looks like a good spot to me. Like I said, I'll probably be up there around 8-ish. I went on the drive last fall. Not sure If I'll do it this year or not. Have an exhaust leak, now, that makes it pretty loud when I drive. Oh well. if it's not one thing at this point, it's another. Comes with the mileage, I guess. :rolleyes:

mklabunde

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium
Looks like a good spot to me. Like I said, I'll probably be up there around 8-ish. I went on the drive last fall. Not sure If I'll do it this year or not. Have an exhaust leak, now, that makes it pretty loud when I drive. Oh well. if it's not one thing at this point, it's another. Comes with the mileage, I guess. :rolleyes:
Makes it sound like a race car huh :D:D

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
Makes it sound like a race car huh :D:D
Yeah, especially since it completely broke off just as it exits the cat. Thinking of trying to get some kind of reducer that will allow me to shove the pipe back in the hole. No comments from you gutter-minded people, either. :p

mklabunde

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium
Yeah, especially since it completely broke off just as it exits the cat. Thinking of trying to get some kind of reducer that will allow me to shove the pipe back in the hole. No comments from you gutter-minded people, either. :p
Can't weld it back on? Or don't have the welding device to accomplish the dead.

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
Well then it sounds like 8 at the Park and Ride for us from the south?
It's kind of looking that way. You and I might even meet along the way. I'll be grabbing the bypass by the KwikTrip on the south side and heading north from there. If you see a dirty red bug with a TDI badge, it's probably me.