AC problems

Lucid

TDI
2001 Jetta Silver TDI
Ok. Im trying to narrow down my problems with my AC/Heat. Bear with me!

Symptoms: Low air-flow on all settings. There is a small amount of air flow but signifigantly less than what has been normal. I can hear the speed difference but the air flow that comes out is not "normal". Im going to assume this is because the motor is going bad and not the resistor pack.

I've done searches on the "resistor pack" and the jist i get from this is if the a resistor on the resistor pack is bad you either lose a speed setting? correct me if im wrong, please!

Next: I've done some searcing for the blower motor and have come across this one

http://www.autohausaz.com/search/product.aspx?sid=sif0uizxgcz2zjmroh0eyj55&makeid=800026@VW&modelid=1375556@JETTA%20TDI&year=2001&cid=24@AC%20%26%20Heat%20-%20Climate%20Control&gid=6916@Blower%20Motor

There is a note stating: This is the updated version. Modification to existing plug may be required on models prior to 2003, per Audi/VW service bulletin.

Can anyone shed some light on this?!

Thanks,

Josh

nighthawk62

Veteran Member
TDI
BANNED
Have you checked the HVAC filter? Do the simple things first. A mouse may have built a nest on it.

2004STARWARSTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2004 Platinum Gray GLS Jetta / 2006 Silver Jetta with DSG
AC flow

Depending on which resistor went south you could have 1 speed bad or all speeds out! As said when was the last time you replaced your cabin (pollen) filter?

Dana Hanchett

Veteran Member
TDI
I just finished changing out my blower fan. It had 2 problems. 1st one was strange noise. 2nd problem I didn't realize until I changed it and that was air flow. The new one I got from autohaus arizona pushes a little more air. I believe motor bearings are the problem. I went and got the new connector housing however it was not needed in my 1998 NB. The directions in Bentley are incorrect on removal. They simplify the removal of the fan asy. You have to drop it ablout 1 inch. and then twist the asy CCW and fiddle with it to get it to release from the channel. Then it will come out.Hope this helps.:) :)