Looking at 3.0 settlement

Michael A

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Touareg TDI Executive
No repairs available now. The appointment is for receiving half of the repair restitution(after verifying you are indeed the current owner of the eligible vehicle), and most reported appointments for receive half of the repair restitution is 07/05 or 07/06, not 07/01.

Looks like the former owner did not file a claim for the car so you'll get the full restitution if you buy the car.
That is what is concerning me, I am being told specifically the title should be in July 5th or 6th which just happens to correspond with the first repair dates.

Technically someone could do the repair get 1/2 restitution on 7/6 sell the car on 7/7. I am paying a premium for the car but as long as I get the full restitution money it will work out.

Motodude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 q7tdi. 2012 q7tdi
That is what is concerning me, I am being told specifically the title should be in July 5th or 6th which just happens to correspond with the first repair dates.

Technically someone could do the repair get 1/2 restitution on 7/6 sell the car on 7/7. I am paying a premium for the car but as long as I get the full restitution money it will work out.
Yes if someone wants out of the car and doesnt want to wait for how long a fix will take to get the full amount this would be the thing to do. A risk you take

flargabarg

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg Lux TDI
And also looks like they are trying to get half the repair money. They better have a darn good reason for not supplying the title right now.

Michael A

Veteran Member
TDI
And also looks like they are trying to get half the repair money. They better have a darn good reason for not supplying the title right now.
In most states when a vehicle is financed the bank/lending institution holds the title.

Michael A

Veteran Member
TDI
Are there people who are that impatient?
I am thinking this particular seller just has no idea. Which is why 50% of prior owners or what ever the estimated number is didn't file a claim at all.

I am just thinking it might be less risking to buy a Gen 2 3-liter that has been siting at a dealer for period of time.

Fourplay

, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2014 A8L
I am looking at a 3 liter to purchase as a replacement for my Touareg, owner is saying they will not receive the title til 1st week of July. Which is exactly when the first repair appointments are set.
How would one know if the car has been brought in for the first part of the emissions repair with partial payout?
Is there a way to know? As of now when I plug the VIN# in it shows full repair restitution is available.
A bill of sale works as a proof of ownership document, don't need to wait until you get title.

Michael A

Veteran Member
TDI
A bill of sale works as a proof of ownership document, don't need to wait until you get title.
I checked the VIN# last week, owner didn't file a claim

I suppose if I take possession of the car immediately and obtain a bill of sale technically it would be before any potential repair appointment , if there was an appointment at all

Not sure I would want to spend $35k and NOT have the physical title, that is a potential huge risk as title is proof of ownership