Who got the payment from BOSCH?

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
False. I didn't know you were present when we talked on the phone. Do you enjoy spreading nonsense? Use Google and you will find the court documents, including the DOJ attorneys and their role in this entire case.

Anyways, pretty obvious there are some sour "know it all" around here. This is turning into a waste of time. I got my money, time to move on. Enjoy your TDI grieve.
The DOJ was never a party to the Bosch suit, and therefore not a party to its Settlement. Therefore, it had no role, and could do nothing other than forward your complaint to the private attorneys representing Bosch plaintiffs.

As stated in the last two sentences in the answer to FAQ one,

The government entities did not sue Bosch, but the private Plaintiffs did. The Bosch Settlement resolves the claims the private Plaintiffs brought against Bosch.

https://www.boschvwsettlement.com/en/Home/FAQ

Cptcrnch

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI wagon; 2014 Golf TDI (buyback 7/26/17)
Turned in my car on 7/26. Check was in my mailbox today. Smooth and easy process and the money is being put towards a tune on my new to me mkiv tdi wagon.

kaamacat

TDI
None now :0)
Turned in Feb., no check here yet either.

Turned in the A3 on Jan 27th... No check as of today. I also called earlier this morning, and all I could get was that the check has not been sent out yet. (Basically the same staggered delay as-with the 3 Month turn in process)

ascreech

TDI
2012 Audi A3 TDI
Completed buyback of 2012 A3 TDI on Aug 3, 2017.
Received Audi/VW payment on Aug 4 (!!!).
Received Bosch payment on Sep 5, dated Sep 1.
No hassles at any point during the processes.

Q5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5
I had to change my home address. Went to the Bosch portal/dashboard. There was a red flagged issue that my purchase date did not match my documentation. I did not receive any notification of this. Scumbags let it sit like that, and I had made 2 previous inquiries on where my check was.

I presume the purchase date is the date on my Title document?

Q5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5
I had to change my home address. Went to the Bosch portal/dashboard. There was a red flagged issue that my purchase date did not match my documentation. I did not receive any notification of this. Scumbags let it sit like that, and I had made 2 previous inquiries on where my check was.

I presume the purchase date is the date on my Title document?
I now have a message in my Bosch dashboard that says the following. *** does this mean? (Will be calling later).

• N072 : Pending Withdrawal – Unpaid
    In re: Volkswagen "Clean Diesel" Marketing, Sales Practices, and Products Liability Litigation
    Case No. 3:15-md-02672-CRB (“MDL 2672”)

Dear Bosch Settlement Claimant,

Our records indicate that you have an approved claim in the Volkswagen Settlement and therefore you are eligible for a Bosch Settlement payment, in the form of a check, for your eligible vehicle. In light of this pending automatic payment, the Claims Supervisor will withdraw the active claim that was filed through the Bosch Settlement Claimant Portal (https://boschvwsettlement.mdl.online) for this vehicle.

Should you have any questions regarding your Bosch Claim, or your Bosch Settlement payment, please contact the Claims Administrator toll-free at 1-844-305-1928, or by email to info@BoschVWSettlement.com.

Sincerely,

Bosch Settlement
    Claims Administrator

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
*** does this mean?
It means just what it says. If you've filed a claim with VW/Audi, you don't need to (and shouldn't) file a claim with Bosch. Just as literally every communication from Bosch has said.

Q5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5
It means just what it says. If you've filed a claim with VW/Audi, you don't need to (and shouldn't) file a claim with Bosch. Just as literally every communication from Bosch has said.
That was never communicated to me. Why did they respond to my registration in June with requests to provide additional information and say that my information did not match the documents I submitted?

Who would be filing a claim with Bosch that did not file a claim against VW/Audi?

jerrymander

Veteran Member
TDI
f
Who would be filing a claim with Bosch that did not file a claim against VW/Audi?
Someone that filed their own claim against VW and opted out of the class-action. As was written in the lawsuit documentation.

There's a potential to get money damages out of VW that the class-action lawsuit glosses over, but for 99% of the owners of these cars, the lawyer fees are not worth it.

Now if you owned a business that somehow hinged on these cars and you owned them for the purpose of conducting your business, you could probably have gotten more money from VW than in the lawsuit. Just as a hypothetical example.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
That was never communicated to me.
You never got the email? Never got the postcard? Because it was explained in both places. And it's certainly explained on the Bosch settlement website:
I filed an approved claim in the 2.0-liter Class Action Settlement, the 3.0-liter Class Action Settlement, or in both Settlements. Am I a Class Member here?
Yes, the Bosch Settlement includes those whose claims are approved in the VW Settlements. If you filed (or will file) a claim in one or both of those settlements and the claim is approved, you are a Class Member here and will be eligible for an automatic payment if you do not opt out of the Bosch Settlement. Remember, if you filed an approved claim in either the 2.0-liter or 3.0-liter settlements, you will get an automatic payment in the Bosch Settlement. You do not have to file a claim.
(bold in original, color added for emphasis)

Edit: From the 3.0 postcard notice:
If you file a claim in the 3.0-liter Settlement and your claim is approved, you will automatically receive a payment through the Bosch Settlement. Go to www.VWCourtSettlement.com to file a 3.0-liter claim online any time before December 31, 2019, or register as an Eligible Former Owner by May 1, 2017.
(formatting in original)

From the "submit a claim" page:
IF YOU FILED (OR WILL FILE) A CLAIM IN ONE OR BOTH OF THE 2.0-LITER OR 3.0-LITER VOLKSWAGEN SETTLEMENTS, AND THE CLAIM IS APPROVED, YOU ARE AUTOMATICALLY AN ELIGIBLE CLASS MEMBER IN THE BOSCH SETTLEMENT AND WILL RECEIVE PAYMENT IF YOU DO NOT OPT OUT OF THE BOSCH SETTLEMENT. IF THIS DESCRIBES YOUR SITUATION, YOU DO NOT NEED TO FILE A CLAIM IN THE BOSCH SETTLEMENT.
(bold, red, and caps in original, underline added)

So how was that "never communicated" to you? Some simple reading would have saved you some time and frustration.

Last edited:

MBQ

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr DSG
I called the Bosch customer service line and was told that a large batch of checks will be sent out on next monday.

Q5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5
You never got the email? Never got the postcard? Because it was explained in both places. And it's certainly explained on the Bosch settlement website:
(bold in original, color added for emphasis)

Edit: From the 3.0 postcard notice:

(formatting in original)

From the "submit a claim" page:

(bold, red, and caps in original, underline added)

So how was that "never communicated" to you? Some simple reading would have saved you some time and frustration.
Listen, you don't need to be a freaking dickhead and be so condescending with your simple reading comment.

The answer to all of your questions is no. No postcard, and nothing in my original e-mails from VW/Audi. Here is what my settlement notice said:

"Please note: There is a separate class action settlement agreement with Bosch which provides additional cash payments to 3.0-*liter Eligible Owners, Former Owners, and Lessees. You will receive information about that settlement by separate notice. Visit www.BoschVWSettlement.com
for more information."

Try being a little more helpful, and less of a know it all.

duratitus

Veteran Member
TDI
Several different models. Selling them back to VW
You will receive information about that settlement by separate notice. Visit www.BoschVWSettlement.com
for more information."

Try being a little more helpful, and less of a know it all.
How would you expect information to be communicated to you if you never went to the website provided in the email you received?

Here is a direct copy an paste from the link you were provided,

"If you filed or choose to file a claim in the VW Settlements, you do not need to file a claim in the Bosch Settlement. If your VW Settlement claim is approved, you will automatically receive a check in the mail from the Bosch Settlement."

I can understand how frustrating it must be to complain about information never being provided to you, and then have someone show you that it was indeed provided, and in fact you just never bothered to read it.

In what way can we on the forum be more helpful, than to provide direct quotes from VW and Bosch?

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
My dad got a Bosch check today for $375. His 3.0 had 1/2 of the repair money available. It looks like Bosch may be paying 1/2 now and 1/2 upon installation of the "fix".

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
Listen, you don't need to be a freaking dickhead and be so condescending with your simple reading comment.
Sorry you feel that I'm being condescending for pointing out that you didn't read even the BOLD, RED, ALL CAPS text on the page on which you submitted your claim. Your opinion is noted.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
My dad got a Bosch check today for $375. His 3.0 had 1/2 of the repair money available. It looks like Bosch may be paying 1/2 now and 1/2 upon installation of the "fix".
Did he buy it used? I didn't think the Bosch check was split between the two parts of the fix.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
Looks like four checks from Bosch coming today, which should be all that are coming so far (haven't filed the claim for the A3 yet; haven't decided whether we want to keep the car or sell it back). They would cover 3 x 2.0 and 1 x 3.0. I'm away for a few days, so won't know the amounts until this weekend.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
Got a bunch coming today, looks like from my July 7th 3.0 selloff. Will let you guys know the amounts when mail comes in.

DSIre

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf TDI (sold), 2011 A3 TDI, 2015 A3 TDI (Returned)
How are you getting information about when the checks are getting mailed?

DSIre

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf TDI (sold), 2011 A3 TDI, 2015 A3 TDI (Returned)
Check received today. Audi A3 Turn in was early February.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
Did he buy it used? I didn't think the Bosch check was split between the two parts of the fix.
He did, I received 5 envelopes from Bosch as well. Yesterday it was a good day!
I also received a $375 check that I assume is for the Q5 I bought in Feb that had a FO claim on it.
Pretty silly that Bosch doesnt put the VIN on the checks, if you ask me.