TDIFest 2016 is coming to Wisconsin

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Heads up - Sunday is the last day that our hotel room block is guaranteed. We are close to sold out, but there are still a few two-queen rooms and suites available.

http://wiki.tdifest.com for more info. :)

duwem

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI 5 Speed
Maybe I'm missing something, but the only thing of any interest to me is the car show...I'm "local" and not saying up there for multiple days, just driving up.

Not interested in auctions, speeches etc,

Suppose I need to pay the $70 to participate in the car show, even if that's the only thing I wanted to do that weekend.....

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Maybe I'm missing something, but the only thing of any interest to me is the car show...I'm "local" and not saying up there for multiple days, just driving up.

Suppose I need to pay the $70 to participate in the car show, even if that's the only thing I wanted to do that weekend.....
It would be $60, not $70. But yes, that's the gist of it.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself

Remember that this is a fundraiser to keep TDIClub running.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Where can I get some detailed info on the car show? Is this the competition of various classes of cars? Somehow I just can't locate the details. Or is this something I can obtain at registration? Thanks.

Last edited:

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Where can I get some detailed info on the car show? Is this the competition of various classes of cars? Somehow I just can't locate the details. Or is this something I can obtain at registration? Thanks.
This is last years I assume it will be the same this year

This year's show and shine will be structured similarly to 2013's. All judging will be people's choice instead of an official panel of judges.

The categories for the Show & Shine are as follows.

Best in Show
-The people's choice favorite car of the show

Been Around the Block
-The most used vehicle / vehicle showing the most age, but still road-worthy enough to make it to the event

Attention to Detail
-Cleanest car at the show. Cannot also win Best in Show.

Best Daily Driver
-Best daily driver. Any year or model, this car will get you from A to B TDI style.

Best Modified (No Engine Conversion)
-Most modified vehicle. Conversions not included.

Best Conversion
-A successful conversion that looks like it could have come from the factory.

Ties will be broken by awarding the win to the vehicle with higher mileage

Other award at this year's TDIFest include:
TDI vehicle with the highest mileage
Farthest distance driven to TDIFest (Google Maps shortest route from your home - extended road trips do not count)
bug*pwr
Best fuel economy on the trip to TDIFest (honor system, must be present at Sunday's awards banquet to win)

Any questions? Feel free to discuss in this thread.

Last edited:

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
I think been around bock is a interesting categorie. You just never know what you are going to see.

Last edited:

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Tomo366, thanks for the breakdown by class.

If my recent acquisition makes it that far, I will have to enter it. The 2014 Passat will be garaged in Texas until buyback time. Driving distance is right at 1,300 miles but I am guessing that won't be enough miles to secure the long distance prize.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
You must have had a Brain Fart! This was asked by you awhile back in this
Thread......and I posted a picture of last years winner.....:D
You are right! :eek: Brain farts are getting more frequent these days.

I hope I can find Sturgeon Bay, or even Wisconsin. Maybe I shouldn't have retired. :eek: (see what you have in store for you youngsters);)

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
You are right! :eek: Brain farts are getting more frequent these days.
I hope I can find Sturgeon Bay, or even Wisconsin. Maybe I shouldn't have retired. :eek: (see what you have in store for you youngsters);)
I Retired 9 years ago and I work harder and more now than I did.....Family Business......

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
I took the Green B4 wagon on a round trip to Tempe, Az as a warm up for the trip to TDIFest. Made the 700 mile trip with no problems, but the A/C could use a recharge. One way distance is 2220 miles according to Google maps. The green B4 is going to Matt Whitbread's after the Fest. Last year my white B4 wagon was at the Fest. This year the white wagon (and it's new paint) will be remain at home.

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
This is last years I assume it will be the same this year
This year's show and shine will be structured similarly to 2013's. All judging will be people's choice instead of an official panel of judges.
The categories for the Show & Shine are as follows.
Best in Show
-The people's choice favorite car of the show
Been Around the Block
-The most used vehicle / vehicle showing the most age, but still road-worthy enough to make it to the event
Attention to Detail
-Cleanest car at the show. Cannot also win Best in Show.
Best Daily Driver
-Best daily driver. Any year or model, this car will get you from A to B TDI style.
Best Modified (No Engine Conversion)
-Most modified vehicle. Conversions not included.
Best Conversion
-A successful conversion that looks like it could have come from the factory.
Ties will be broken by awarding the win to the vehicle with higher mileage
Other award at this year's TDIFest include:
TDI vehicle with the highest mileage
Farthest distance driven to TDIFest (Google Maps shortest route from your home - extended road trips do not count)
bug*pwr
Best fuel economy on the trip to TDIFest (honor system, must be present at Sunday's awards banquet to win)
Any questions? Feel free to discuss in this thread.
**We've added back the category Best Road Trip Machine for this year as well.

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
I have yet to pay for the food if I want to see the AM guest speaker on Saturday. Can I do that at the fest or how can I do that? Please let me know. In particular, the "9:00 - 11:00 AM: Breakfast with guest speaker (this is a paid event with an enhanced breakfast buffet)"

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I have yet to pay for the food if I want to see the AM guest speaker on Saturday. Can I do that at the fest or how can I do that? Please let me know. In particular, the "9:00 - 11:00 AM: Breakfast with guest speaker (this is a paid event with an enhanced breakfast buffet)"
We will be stopping food sales about a week before the event. You can add your breakfast any time between now and then by going to http://events.tdiclub.com

If you don't go to the speaker breakfast, the hotel will be offering their usual complimentary breakfast (smaller menu selection than what we're getting for Saturday).

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
We will be stopping food sales about a week before the event. You can add your breakfast any time between now and then by going to http://events.tdiclub.com
If you don't go to the speaker breakfast, the hotel will be offering their usual complimentary breakfast (smaller menu selection than what we're getting for Saturday).
All set and thanks for your help.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Heads up - our food deadline is in a couple of days. If you'd like to attend our meet & greet, the speaker breakfast, or the awards banquet, please add it before midnight on Thursday night (August 25th).

Machineman

Veteran Member
TDI
2007 RS4 Titanium 3.0TDI & 2013 Touareg TDI & B6 S4 BHW Swap Biturbo
What does is cost for entry ? Can i just show up ? Also will there be a awd dyno there ?

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Heads up - our food deadline is in a couple of days. If you'd like to attend our meet & greet, the speaker breakfast, or the awards banquet, please add it before midnight on Thursday night (August 25th).
Do we have menus yet?

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Yes, we do! These are tentative, and I may have to make minor adjustments on Monday.

Friday Meet & Greet:

Traditional fish boil includes a soup and salad bar with two soup choices and 20 items for create-your-own salad.

Main course is whitefish, corn cob, potato, and onion done as a large boil.

Dessert is cherry pie.

Alternate meal for those who don't want fish is a pre-plated 1/2 rotisserie Amish-style chicken with apple cinnamon glaze, garlic mashed potatoes, and veggies. If you'd like the alternate meal, we will need to know this in advance. We will be sending more information about this soon.

Saturday Speaker Breakfast:

Full omelette station, Belgian waffle station with local maple syrup, cherry stuffed french toast, biscuits and gravy (this might get substituted for bacon). Scones, oatmeal, fresh fruit, muffins, milk, coffee, tea, and juice.

Sunday Awards Banquet:

Four action stations to include the following...

Comfort food: Cherry and cheddar stuffed pork loin, veggies, bread, and butter
Italian: Selection of pastas with various sauces and add-ons, cooked to order
Slider Bar: Fish, pulled pork BBQ, chicken
Dessert Bar: Selection of cheesecakes, cobblers, and ice cream

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
I've been to shrimp boils in South Carolina, crawfish boils in Louisiana, and crab boils in Washington State, but this will be my first fish boil. Looked it up on Google and it sounds interesting.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Food deadline extension

Just a quick note: We are able to extend the food deadline to Sunday night. The hotel is placing the food order on Monday morning, so if you're interested, sign up at http://events.tdiclub.com :cool:

The same goes for the Chicago Fireboat on Saturday. You can continue signing up for that through this weekend.

This time next week, we'll be setting up tents at the lodge! :D