what is a 02 golf tdi gls worth

ecodean

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 golf, 85 jetta(sold), 03 jetta(sold)
I'm looking at a 2002 golf gls tdi with moonroof with 56000 miles and am wondering what a fair price would be. thanks

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
11-13, maybe 14 if it's wicked clean and a proven maintenance history.

heated seats? anything else special about it?

anything already done? timing belt, tires, brakes, etc?

TDIMK4GUY

TDI
02 reflex silver golf
try about 16-18k if its in cali.. damn emmision laws keep us from having a steady supply of TDI'S so much higher demand

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
TDIMK4GUY said:
try about 16-18k if its in cali.. damn emmision laws keep us from having a steady supply of TDI'S so much higher demand
Pertty close here on the CA TDI market but, if it meets condition and service criteria, it would be somewhere between $14.5K and $16.5. I just acquired a very nice 2003 GLS 5-seed man. with 52K and confirmed great condition and confirmed service history and I will be marketing it at about $17K to $17.5K. The CA market is stronger and not just due to the lack of TDI's, it's also due to the extra expenses incurred from transporting them in from Tim-Buck-Tooh:rolleyes:. Later!

Last edited:

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
leighsean said:
Both your suggestions referred to above have been worthless for years as to the true market value of TDI's. Most of those who have tried to acquire them with these guides as their bible end up continuing to drive gassers until the lightbulb in their head is illuminated.;) Later!

rixtory

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf TDI GLS Black
EcoDean
I am next door in Bethlehem. I sold my '02 TDI Golf GLS w/ 56,000 miles this past summer for $15K. It was June, at the height of the TDI craze and There were folks from all over calling for it.

The market has softened quite a bit and I wouldn't offer more than $12 for for an '02 at this point. I think you could probably even hold out for a newer year for only a few thou more. I just picked up an '05 Golf GLS TDI with 22K miles for $18,500 including the VW CPO warranty covering it to 74K miles.

It takes a little diligence in hunting out the deals, but they can be found.
Make sure you get the enite maintenance history. I beleive it is worth paying a little more for a car that comes with all that information.

Good luck