Who knows wheel adapters?

TDI
ALH
Hey so I have some Alzoe 621 (ET45 5x112) wheels with 225/45R17 tires.

I know the mk4 is 57.1 hub
I do not know the wheel hub.

I am wanting to put them on my stock height MK4 Jetta TDI.

I need help choosing adapters.
I do not know what thickness I need.

I want the wheels to sit flush with the fenders, or maybe a little outside also i would like to not rub.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Hey so I have some Alzoe 621 (ET45 5x112) wheels with 225/45R17 tires.
I know the mk4 is 57.1 hub
I do not know the wheel hub.
I am wanting to put them on my stock height MK4 Jetta TDI.
I need help choosing adapters.
I do not know what thickness I need.
I want the wheels to sit flush with the fenders, or maybe a little outside also i would like to not rub.
On my former 2002 Jetta I had 15" tires one size up from factory. I had a 10mm spacer in the front and a 15mm spacer in the back. Never had a problem.

But you are using a much wider and a taller tire and its probably already near "outside". You need to realize that there is a big difference between the car sitting at rest and/or going down a twisty bumpy road. Then the "Maybe a little outside" might bump the fenders. Just my thoughts.

RexNICO

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Tiguan, 2011 Q7
Since the MK4 is 5x100, you'll need adapters. You'll find much more information about spacers/adapters on VWVortex.

I'd think you'd want the thinnest adapters (15 or 17 mm). Your net offset will be 30 ish. Really need to know the wheel width of the 5x112 +45 to call the true placement of the wheel/tire with adapter.

WrEkkED

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 TDI Sport
if your at stock height you will never hit the fenders regardless. when I was 24" FTG I used to rub the fender on the outer part of the tire leaving a harmless ring around the tire.

since running 225 tires I assume your on a 8" wide wheel?

that being said at 45ET you would need 17mm spacers on the front and 25mm on the back to be "flush".

typically an ET of 28 on the front and 20 on the back is "flush" without rub... given severity of drop. Again, you could go wider at stock height. Theres a kid on my street with bbs's that have half the meat of the tire past the fender. Looks like a monster truck type thing but hes never hit rubber.

Here's a dude on the vortex with almost that offset. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...ture-Index&p=77779218&viewfull=1#post77779218

Check out that thread in general if you want to see how other wheels and offsets fit. Also remember the stretch of the tire is a big factor in the "look" and not all tires stretch. The best tires do not stretch. Ex: Michelin PSS, Conti ExtremeContact DW etc. Cheap ones like Falken, Nexen etc do.

Edit: And find out the hub bore of the wheel. You want hubcentric adaptors, and hub centering rings if you cant get an adaptor with the same hub as the wheel too. In general you will find those wheels very hard to fit without going with large spacers (adaptors) since you are inside about 10mm more than normal. And go with a good brand such as H&R. Don't buy ebay junk unless you want your wheels to fall off.

Last edited:

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Since the MK4 is 5x100, you'll need adapters. You'll find much more information about spacers/adapters on VWVortex.
Actually not quite correct ! I had 10mm and 15mm spacers on my 2002 Jetta. They have a cone type of thing to center the wheel. I was going to sell them cheap since I did not think they would fit my Passat. But to my surprise the spacers were made for 5x100 AND 5x112 so they are now on my Passat.

The one thing to remember is that you will need LONGER wheel bolts, the originals will be too short. Some spacers sell with longer bolts.

Last edited:

RexNICO

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Tiguan, 2011 Q7
Actually not quite correct ! I had 10mm and 15mm spacers on my 2002 Jetta. They have a cone type of thing to center the wheel. I was going to sell them cheap since I did not think they would fit my Passat. But to my surprise the spacers were made for 5x100 AND 5x112 so they are now on my Passat.

The one thing to remember is that you will need LONGER wheel bolts, the originals will be too short. Some spacers sell with longer bolts.
I think the confusion here is you're referencing "spacers" which in the VW/Audi world are typically both 5x100 & 5x112.

He was asking about putting 5x112 wheels on an MKIV (5x100), that will require adapters.

Hope that helps.

thzpcs

TDI
2008 Golf TDI
Adapters are okay, but not ideal since they put significant stress on the hubs due to the additional width.