Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta TDI(buyback) Now 2005.5 Jetta tdi
sry im not good at adding photos, right clock it and open in new window

firehawk618

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI, 2dr, M6, Stock
Don't all 2005.5's have the rear window sun shade, MFD, wood grain trim on dash & doors, puddle lights.....??

N.CaTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
Don't all 2005.5's have the rear window sun shade, MFD, wood grain trim on dash & doors, puddle lights.....??
Mine does not have wood grain trim or window sun shade; has MFD (think all did). Not sure what puddle light is; Also heated seats and dual control A/C and heat. Think mine is a Package 1 and the Package 2 came with power seats with 3 memory along with other stuff.

firehawk618

Veteran Member
TDI
Mine does not have wood grain trim or window sun shade; has MFD (think all did). Not sure what puddle light is; Also heated seats and dual control A/C and heat. Think mine is a Package 1 and the Package 2 came with power seats with 3 memory along with other stuff.

Ahh good to know. I wonder if wood trim was dealer installed or something?

Puddle lights are the lights on the bottom of the side view mirrors. Not the turn signal lights but on the bottom of the actual mirror is another light.

I'd have snagged them off the 2005.5 at the parts yard but one mirror is completely missing.

N.CaTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
Puddle lights are the lights on the bottom of the side view mirrors. Not the turn signal lights but on the bottom of the actual mirror is another light.
Have them on Package 1. The plastic light bar in the mirror is all one unit so I assume everyone has them.

Way I tell Package 1 vs Package 2 for 2005.5 is if the driver seat is full power and has 3 memory settings.

firehawk618

Veteran Member
TDI
Have them on Package 1. The plastic light bar in the mirror is all one unit so I assume everyone has them.

Way I tell Package 1 vs Package 2 for 2005.5 is if the driver seat is full power and has 3 memory settings.

We must be talking about a different light or I am mis understanding you.

If you're saying all 2005.5 package 1 has them then ok but if you're saying all MKV have them then definitely not.

The long light bar is the turn signal.

The small tiny one is a puddle light which is tied to the interior light.

Here's the mirror with puddle light I just picked up.