how about everyone's golf MK6 engine temp raise in winter? golf faster than passat???

han95

TDI
Passat B6
Hi all, I am VW's fan. 2007 passat B6 diesel 130k mileage. Every morning in winter, same driving route.
the outside temperature is 0 degree centigrade (32F).

I have to drive 2.2 miles and 10min and then the gauge start to move from the bottom.
Drive on motorway up to 12miles and 20min. The gauge reach the 90 degree centigrade (190F).During this time, if I turn on the heater fan in the car, the temp will drop to 80C. Until driving more 10min, the final temp reach 90C(190F)

I feel the coolant temp raise too slowly. If I compare with my golf 2010 MK6 diesel.
All of condition are same. But only after 1.5 miles and 5min, the gauge start to move from the bottom. and then 3.5miles and 7min driving on motorway, gauge can raise to 90 degree centigrade (190F).

do you think that thermostat of my passat B6 stuck at open status? OR golf and passat both are normal?

TDI Hoo

TDI
2010 Golf TDI (Bought back by VW)
Our 2010 Golf TDI with DSG takes nearly 7 miles at highway speeds to warm up with heat. My .:R32 with DSG needs about 3.5 miles. The DSG takes a lot of the engine heat. We just got a Golf Wolfsburg with non-DSG automatic tranny. I warms up in just a few miles, somewhat faster than the .:R32 but MUCH faster than the TDI.

Is the 2007 Passat DSG? 2007 in USA did not have DSG, I believe. Might be the difference between DSG and automatic or manual transmission.

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Should warm up pretty quick if it's an automatic. Odds are you have T-stat issues, easiest way to check is to touch the radiator while the cars warming up but not yet near operating temp. Can always run the idle dynamically but it doesn't really get cold in the UK and you shouldn't have huge problems with warm up. Have no problem keeping my 2005 PD at operating temp with heat on in similar temps and I have an egr delete.