B4 Power Steering Question

SlayerSmalls

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat
What is the part # for the power steering line running under the radiator? Mine is nice and leaky. If I can just replace it with normal power steering line then please let me know, having to refill the thing is getting old.

fletcher0780

Veteran Member
TDI
none
I used one from a vr6 passat,, but had to buy the short rubber hose that connects to the pump for the vr6 model also. I think I went with the vr6 parts because I found the cooler line cheap used.

sootful

TDI
1997 Passat TDI, 2002 Golf GLS TDI
You can try a pick n pull yard? Maybe you will find one or you can do a wtb ad on vwvortex or another vw forum for anyone who may be parting out a car? You may luck out and score a decent one.

Maillemann

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 B4 Passat
What is the part # for the power steering line running under the radiator?
Do you mean the high pressure line running from the power steering pump (banjo bolt) to the rack or the return line that wends its way through the frame to the reservoir? The high pressure line is PN# 357-422-893 and the return line is actually a number of pieces clamped together. If that's what's leaking you might want to give it all a good looking over and replace the bad section(s) (regular hose would be fine).

The pressure/feed line is all one unit and pretty pricey (almost $300 OEM) though you can also have EAA Engineering make you up one for half that. I know because I just talked to them about the same issue. Or, as others have suggested, find one being parted out or used.