Rawtek sales

peterwinkle

TDI
2012 Passat SE
Rawtek has an annual 20% off sale right now, does anyone know if they typically do other sales throughout the year?

I currently have the adblue heater failure code in my car (P202A). Rather than dump money into an emissions system that will just require more and more maintenance in the future, I'm planning on removing it all. My problem right now is I would like to wait until Dieselgate gets resolved just in the crazy case that they have to buy back all the vehicles, or have some drastic improvement to the emissions system that takes care of all the issues. I'm trying to decide if I should jump on this 20% discount today, or wait out dieselgate and hope for another sale in the future.

Another question... There aren't any good quality, cheaper alternatives to Rawteks setup is there?

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
There is a long lost post regarding doing none of the above, just simply wiring it in a way to trick the ECM into thinking the heater is working- when its not. your UREA will freeze but your wallet will be unfrozen
I wouldn't delete just yet, id wait until DG is over- you never know what VW will end up doing.

peterwinkle

TDI
2012 Passat SE
There is a long lost post regarding doing none of the above, just simply wiring it in a way to trick the ECM into thinking the heater is working- when its not. your UREA will freeze but your wallet will be unfrozen
I wouldn't delete just yet, id wait until DG is over- you never know what VW will end up doing.

I found that post I believe, it involves replacing it with a resistor right? That solution worries me a little because I live in Utah where it will drop below 11 degrees regularly in the winter. When the Urea freezes and stop flowing, if I'm not mistaken it would then it would start the countdown stop the engine, leaving me stranded eventually.

I would love to know what VW is thinking with DG to know if I should take advantage of the discount or not, but would hate to dump the money into fixing it only to have a buyback or some fix that ruins all my work.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
I found that post I believe, it involves replacing it with a resistor right? That solution worries me a little because I live in Utah where it will drop below 11 degrees regularly in the winter. When the Urea freezes and stop flowing, if I'm not mistaken it would then it would start the countdown stop the engine, leaving me stranded eventually.
<snip>
I think part of the whole idea of the resistor is that it fools the computer into thinking all is well with the SCR system, and so no warning appears. Of course, the SCR wouldn't be doing anything, either....

Ares

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE
I would love to know what VW is thinking with DG to know if I should take advantage of the discount or not, but would hate to dump the money into fixing it only to have a buyback or some fix that ruins all my work.
DG may still be unresolved during the 2017 annual Rawtech sale. :D

I would be interesting to know how aftermarket vendors sales have been affected diesel gate. I'm only performing routine maintenance until it is resolved.

pghvdubguy95

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Passat se 6m,
I just bought the rawtek setup for my Passat during the sale. I couldn't pass up a $330 savings. I'm not putting it on until this diesel gate stuff blows over.

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
I just bought the rawtek setup for my Passat during the sale. I couldn't pass up a $330 savings. I'm not putting it on until this diesel gate stuff blows over.
If the wind doesn't blow favorably in your direction what are you going to do with your $330.00 savings?

Last edited:

pghvdubguy95

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Passat se 6m,
If the wind doesn't blow favorably in your direction what are you going to do with your $330.00 savings?

I consider it like playing the lottery. I'm taking my chances, besides if there is a buyback I will be way ahead considering what I paid for the car, so it really doesn't matter. It's going to be a win either way for me. Of course I would rather keep the car than a buyback, but only time will tell.

also from what I'm being told, that old cars are going to be the harder ones to fix. I don't know if that's true or not, but I guess we will find out