good deal? 2013 passat tdi sel premium

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Funny, I searched this forum, and there are 11 pages of threads with HPFP. All that from 1 failure? :rolleyes: Maybe if I provide links to 2 failures, I won't have to argue on the internet? Nah, won't waste my time.
Funny, your search results are all for Golfs and Jettas. I have come across maybe a half dozen Passat HPFP failures here on TDIClub, and that's a high estimate on my part.

Passats do not suffer from HPFP problems in the same way that the other commonrail TDIs do. Please don't spread FUD.

RuneTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium, 97 passat tdi (SOLD)
Try to find out if the 40k service was done. If not, do it ASAP. Pay attention to the fuel filter for water and any metal. The HPFP is an issue on these cars. If the previous owner neglected the car, ran cheap diesel, let is sit, I'd run an injector/fuel/tank cleaner additive and consider changing the filter a second time after.

If you want a set of VW rims, look up aaaautoparts on eBay. I picked up a mint 17" to replace a rim I curbed (now my full sized spare). $160 shipped.
according to the carfax, it was serviced at 10, 20, 30 and 40k miles. from the dealer it was bought from. good enough or should I call them?

oh. Ares, how do you like the frostheater on your car and did you install it? how did that go? I have it on my 97 and love it on cold mornings. thanks, rune

Last edited:

RuneTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium, 97 passat tdi (SOLD)
That's true , but if you look above to what people have been paying recently based off of this threads conversation, they've been paying TOO much for what they are currently worth at the moment. That's why i chose to throw out that price , considering the vehicle is still under warranty.
I don't get it. humor or sarcasm? my deal is way better than your ****ty offer

Ares

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE
Funny, your search results are all for Golfs and Jettas. I have come across maybe a half dozen Passat HPFP failures here on TDIClub, and that's a high estimate on my part.
Passats do not suffer from HPFP problems in the same way that the other commonrail TDIs do. Please don't spread FUD.
Passat HPFP do suffer from moisture/bad fuel issues, just like any other CR diesel. Based on the owner's comments that the car has been sitting and the seller just wanted it gone, sounds a little neglected. I don't think advising a fuel treatment and visual inspection of the filter is spreading FUD.

Ares

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE
according to the carfax, it was serviced at 10, 20, 30 and 40k miles. from the dealer it was bought from. good enough or should I call them?
oh. Ares, how do you like the frostheater on your car and did you install it? how did that go? I have it on my 97 and love it on cold mornings. thanks, rune
The service records are reassuring, the dealer most likely did all routine maintenance correctly.
The frostheater is great, I installed myself. It was not bad, I took my time, instructions were easy to follow. This year I had an issue with the temp not getting over 120-130F. I use to see much higher. It might be related to the [FUD warning] clogged heater core/coolant issues [/FUD;)]. Another member has a similar problem:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=454904
I plan to figure it out this fall.

*zepman

TDI
Former 2012 Passat TDI SEL Current: 2014 e250 Bluetec
I know i'm late to the party but my HPFP failed at 55K