RCD510 - Backup Camera

jeproks

TDI
NMS Passat SE TDI
I tried but when I looked behind the radio, there is no 26 pin RVC connector circled below.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
I wonder if that port was added as a rolling model year change or just the '14 got the input. Although I do remember reading somewhere (I think it was a pre release info sheet for the NMS posted somewhere on here) that the 315 should have the port.

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
I wonder if that port was added as a rolling model year change or just the '14 got the input. Although I do remember reading somewhere (I think it was a pre release info sheet for the NMS posted somewhere on here) that the 315 should have the port.
RNS-315's have the 26-pin connector

the '14 get the RCD-510 version with the rear view camera input
(p/n 1K0 035 180 AG)

the "AF" version which the '13 get does not have the input

THe US version of the RCD-510 is made by Delphi

the Euro version of the RCD-510 is made by Blaupunkt

mnm2008

TDI
2013 VW Passat TDI SE DSG
k.. I have a two day old 2013 PASSAT TDI SE (Build - 03/2013) with "AF" RCD-510 Version. Part # 1K0035180AF.

So i have no option to get a backup Camera? Anyone has any idea on any other options?

unixb0y

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat Comfortline 6MT Nav
k.. I have a two day old 2013 PASSAT TDI SE (Build - 03/2013) with "AF" RCD-510 Version. Part # 1K0035180AF.

So i have no option to get a backup Camera? Anyone has any idea on any other options?
This is going to take some research but you "should" be able to get optical parking sensors working with the rns510

Take a look at the pictures here:
http://www.bold-sport.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=ops&product_id=72

You can either install 4 sensors in the rear bumper or get 8 sensors for the front and back.

If you really have deep pockets you can get 10 sensors (6 on the front and 4 on the back), the proper controller module AND the proper abs module and have the car park itself (Park Assist).

One final thing, you might want to pull the radio and make sure the plug isn't there. Vortex guys have been retrofiting their 2012's
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5500210-HOW-TO-Passat-B7-Rear-View-Camera-Install

unixb0y

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat Comfortline 6MT Nav
This is going to take some research but you "should" be able to get optical parking sensors working with the rns510

Take a look at the pictures here:
http://www.bold-sport.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=ops&product_id=72

You can either install 4 sensors in the rear bumper or get 8 sensors for the front and back.

If you really have deep pockets you can get 10 sensors (6 on the front and 4 on the back), the proper controller module AND the proper abs module and have the car park itself (Park Assist).

One final thing, you might want to pull the radio and make sure the plug isn't there. Vortex guys have been retrofiting their 2012's
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5500210-HOW-TO-Passat-B7-Rear-View-Camera-Install

Ah crap... this is an RCD 510 thread!

So i guess there is no reason to check the radio but I think OPS works with the rcd510 also.

adurel

TDI
2005 Passat GL TDI
My parents bought a new 2013 Passat TDI, but it does not have navigation/backup camera/anything extra. It does have the nice large display screen that I assume would work quite well with the backup camera, which I would like to get installed for Christmas on their car - can someone point me in the direction of what camera they'd need? I've tried to read the threads, but I can't tell what camera would work with a unit that doesn't have navigation.

Also, this is probably out of my price range, but could a nav system and camera be installed simultaneously? Are there aftermarket nav systems?

Finally, any leads on a potential installer in the New Orleans, LA or Baton Rouge, LA area would be greatly appreciated (or Biloxi MS area as well).

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
My parents bought a new 2013 Passat TDI, but it does not have navigation/backup camera/anything extra. It does have the nice large display screen that I assume would work quite well with the backup camera, which I would like to get installed for Christmas on their car - can someone point me in the direction of what camera they'd need? I've tried to read the threads, but I can't tell what camera would work with a unit that doesn't have navigation.

Also, this is probably out of my price range, but could a nav system and camera be installed simultaneously? Are there aftermarket nav systems?

Finally, any leads on a potential installer in the New Orleans, LA or Baton Rouge, LA area would be greatly appreciated (or Biloxi MS area as well).
For 2013 models, unless it had the RVC stock, it cannot be added to the stock system.

You're looking at ~$600 in upgrades for a new headunit and RVC.