location of g42 iat sensor?

tncrom

TDI
2013 Passat TDI, Manual (Took Buyback), 2015 TDI Passat SE Manual
Hi all,.
Getting a p0113 code. Would like to do some basic troubleshooting. Please provide location if you may know. 2013 Passat TDI nms / 80k.

Started acting up in the extreme cold a week ago. Now throws code and no longer goes away. Little lower/ acceleration. Don't have VCRs, but considering.

Want to keep car, but reconsidering after this.

Thanks for help and consideration.

Chris

tncrom

TDI
Hello again. After further googling, it looks like the Intake Air Temperature sensor/IAT (G42) may be integrated with the MAF sensor. Might anyone be able to confirm?

Follow-on question: If after further troubleshooting I need to get a MAF, what is the best source recommended? Cost, value, reliability?

Thanks again everyone.

Chris

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
There might be two IAT sensors on this engine. The MAF may sense incoming air in addition to the IAT sensor that is after the intercooler, sensing the temperature of the air going into the engine. I suspect that the latter is your problem. You should find it located between the intake manifold and the air outlet of the intercooler.

tncrom

TDI
Hello -- followup.
I purchased a VCDS and confirmed the po113 code. Working with Ross - Tech, they guided me a bit toward the MAP sensor which actually fulfills two roles apparently: manifold abs. pressure and intake air temperature. I ohmed out the pins on the original sensor and found out that the #2 pin was open to all other pins. So, ordered the part and installed this evening. Runs like a champ again. The part ran me ~$35 and the VCDS was $200. I think I'm probably even on a trip to my dealer to have gotten this fixed. Nice to have the VCDS and the help from Ross Tech was great -- Recommended. Thanks again all, for your thoughts and help!
Chris

tncrom

TDI
Yes, HEX-V2 cable. The "enthusiast" version now for sale at Ross Tech. It allows one to register up to 3 VINS. I did not have to register my VIN to do the scans. Let me know if you need any more info.