New TDI Owner with maintenance questions

FedAgent1896

TDI
2014 Passat SEL Premium
Hey all! First TDI, second Passat. Just traded in my 2001 Passat GLX 4 Motion with 178K miles. Hated to see her go but excited about the '14 TDI GLS Premium.

So has anyone had a problem with, or heard about any problems with the turbo and or the touchscreen MFD in the console? Anything in general that seems to be recurring that I should be aware of?

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Welcome to tdiclub! Please read and search before posting a new question. There are some threads here already about early turbo failures. There haven't been that many IIRC. There are also some threads on the stereo system as well. If you still have questions please add to those threads to keep the info contained instead of spread amoung many threads. Congrats on the new car!

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
You may have noticed some posts that are missing from this thread.

If you're going to post stats that make as brash a statement as those that were posted, please have PLAUSIBLE and VERIFIABLE numbers to back them up.

"Conjecture and hearsay are kinds of evidence!" - Lionel Hutz ;)

Carry on.

- DZ

HBRD_KLR

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE 6M
Question.
For the first 40k miles the oil changed were every 10k.
But now the dealer placed a sticker inside my window showing that next oil change is within 5k. What gives?

tcp_ip_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Sedan
Question.
But now the dealer placed a sticker inside my window showing that next oil change is within 5k. What gives?
Dealer is just trying to lighten your wallet.

Stay with the maintenance schedule in your owners manual.

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
Question.
More importantly IMO, check your invoice to make sure they used the correct oil 507.00 ! If they didn't take it back and make them change it again. The 2009+ TDI requires a low SAPS oil ....otherwise damage to the DPF can result.